cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1024 custom board ddr issue

gauravverma
Contributor II

Hello , 

We have designed T1024rdb based board with on board ddr chips..,..

We are able to program all the flash....

While validating ddr3 using qcvs we are getting "ddr initialization fail invalid value at f04" error..... 

2-3 times there was no error and full verification could have been done....

While booting ubooot also giving d_init error....

What could be the possible reasons for this..

Regards

Gaurav

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

gauravverma
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for your support ... I was able to come out of ddr error  by updating ddr.c file as per first comment   ..

But now after boot through nor flash , processor is getting stuck with message " initcall:  eff4d7d8"   in system map i found it linked to "jump_to_copy" ...

What could be the possible issue for this .... ( Log file attached)

I was also able to run u-boot by directly copying uboot.bin to ddr and running  using codewarrior ... 

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In u-boot, please modify file board/freescale/t102xrdb/ddr.c according to the final result generated by QCVS DDRv tool.

If there is SPD on your target board, please modify "static const struct board_specific_parameters udimm0".

If no SPD, please define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_RAW_TIMING and modify "dimm_params_t ddr_raw_timing".

0 Kudos

gauravverma
Contributor II

Hello,

I updated the ddr.c ( no spd  defined CONFIG_SYS_DDR_RAW_TIMING) , but still not working .....

Please  find the updated ddr.c and qcvs generated files for your reference .... 

Have i updated the file correctly .... would be helpful if you please check 

Regards

Gaurav

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to  board/freescale/p1010rdb/ddr.c to use fixed sdram init mode to use DDR controller configuration parameters directly.

Please refer to DDR controller registers definition in include/configs/P1010RDB.h.

0 Kudos