cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem building RCW and ATF for LS1046A

Jump to solution
smiller2
Contributor III

Previously,  I built the RCW and ATF for our custom board using the LS1046A.   I need to make some changes to upgrade the DDR4 DRAM.     Now neither will build for me.   The problem appears that while I have the files for our custom board,  I no longer have the source files for the remainder of the development tree.    For example, in  packages/firmware/rcw, that folder only contains our board and none of the other files or the reference design files.  

I did a "flex-builder -i repo-fetch"   thinking that would restore all the missing files.   That downloaded a bunch of stuff, but then seems to stop before getting to the RCW and ATF files.    Below are the final lines of this repo-fetch command.  It stops after a warning message about a non-existent reference.

Can someone check the repo to see if it is broken?  

Thanks.

(We build using Linux virtual machines.   I believe my build environment may have lost those files due to developer doing the Linux OS build doing a excessive clean operation.   Do to limited hard drive space, I use one build environment for both the firmware and Linux builds.)

repo: libpkcs11
tag = LSDK-20.12
Cloning into '/home/apps/appwork/BitBucket_SourceCode/neosem-linux/linux-5.4.47/flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/apps/security/libpkcs11'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 564, done.
remote: Total 564 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 564
Receiving objects: 100% (564/564), 155.42 KiB | 181.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (396/396), done.
Switched to a new branch 'LSDK-20.12'
/home/apps/appwork/BitBucket_SourceCode/neosem-linux/linux-5.4.47/flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/apps

repo: keyctl_caam
tag = rel_imx_5.4.47_2.2.0
Cloning into '/home/apps/appwork/BitBucket_SourceCode/neosem-linux/linux-5.4.47/flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/apps/security/keyctl_caam'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 26, done.
remote: Total 26 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 26
Unpacking objects: 100% (26/26), done.
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

Switched to a new branch 'rel_imx_5.4.47_2.2.0'
/home/apps/appwork/BitBucket_SourceCode/neosem-linux/linux-5.4.47/flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/apps
make: Leaving directory '/home/apps/appwork/BitBucket_SourceCode/neosem-linux/linux-5.4.47/flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/apps'

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please remove RCW and ATF build and source directories.

$ rm -rf build/firmware/rcw

$ rm -rf build/firmware/atf/

$ rm -rf packages/firmware/rcw/

$ rm -rf packages/firmware/atf

Then rebuild rcw and atf

$ flex-builder -c rcw -m ls1046ardb

$ flex-builder -c atf -m ls1046ardb

View solution in original post

2 Replies
smiller2
Contributor III

Thank you very much.    Those steps worked and I can build again.    I also deleted the u-boot directories in both build and firmware as they are used to build the ATF.   For anyone else experiencing this,  you have to follow the steps exactly.   First build the reference design that is closest to your board.  After that builds successfully,  then copy in your modified or added files and build your board.  

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please remove RCW and ATF build and source directories.

$ rm -rf build/firmware/rcw

$ rm -rf build/firmware/atf/

$ rm -rf packages/firmware/rcw/

$ rm -rf packages/firmware/atf

Then rebuild rcw and atf

$ flex-builder -c rcw -m ls1046ardb

$ flex-builder -c atf -m ls1046ardb