NOR flash of P4080 using elbc's FCM machine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

natashak
Contributor I

I want read a NOR flash using FCM  of p4080 board. I am successful in reading its manufacture ID but when i want to read a page of the flash, it shows error in elbc's error register.Has anyone read a page of NOR flash ? I am using code warrior 10.1.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, the request is not clear.

The FCM controls NAND Flash devices - not NOR.

It could be useful to update the CodeWarrior because current version is 10.5.

Please explain the sequence you've performed in the CodeWarrior and provide corresponding screenshots.

0 Kudos

natashak
Contributor I

debug_regs.pngsnap_memory_browser.png

Dear Fedor,

Yes, it is NAND flash. I mistook.

Following i have done-

I have NAND08Gw3B2C-  8 Gbits (1 GB)- block size 128K + 4K bytes with page size 2112

Wrote a perogram to read page 5 of block1

1. The base address of NAND FLASH IS 0xFFA00000

so BR1 = 0xffa00821 - Data error checking disabled No ECC generation for FCM.

2. OR1 = 0xc0000796 -(AM is 1100_0000_0000_0000_0 for 1 GB)

3.  FCR=0x00300000 as  commands 00, 30 for page read

4.  To read block 1, FBAR=0x00000001.

5. To read page5, FPAR=0x00005000

6. For reading entire page of block 1, FBCR =0x00000000

7.  to Send commands from FCR and wait for BUSY/READY before reading in to buffer FIR=0x4125e000.

6. ECC disabled, 3 PageAddrs and  2 Column Addrs, FMR=0x0000f013

7. To special operation on bank 1,  LSOR=0x00000001. 

Then checked the buffer at (IMMR_BAse + elbc base addrs + 0x1000) for buffer 1.

But as seen in the snapshot, the said address in the above shows '???' and the LTEATR register shows error.

Attached are the snapshots.

I have successfully read the 'status reg' and 'identification/manufacture ID' but reading a page i am not successful at.

0 Kudos

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

OR1[AM] should not be 1 GiB, especially not with a base address that is not 1 GiB-aligned.  The eLBC SRAM is mapped into an 8 KiB address space, so the minimum address mask of 32 KiB will suffice.

You are also using the wrong address for the buffer.  It is not in CCSR.  It is at the address specified in BR1 (plus 0x1000 for page 1).

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I believe that the U-Boot source code could be a good reference - please refer to the following link:

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/ppc/sdk/u-boot.git/plain/drivers/mtd/nand/fsl_elbc_nand.c?id=f...

0 Kudos

natashak
Contributor I

Dear fedor,

what does' oob ' stand for and can u send the link of .h files which are included in this code.

Regards, Monali

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Date:Thu, 28 Jan, 2016 at 9:17 am

Subject:Re: - NOR flash of P4080 using elbc's FCM machine

NXP Community

reply from ufedor in QorIQ Processors - View the full discussion

I believe that the U-Boot source code could be a good reference - please refer to the following link:

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/ppc/sdk/u-boot.git/plain/drivers/mtd/nand/fsl_elbc_nand.c?id=f...

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on NXP Community Start a new discussion in QorIQ Processors by email or at NXP Community Following NOR flash of P4080 using elbc's FCM machine in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by NXP Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from NXP Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

OOB means "Out-Of-Band" and corresponds to a dedicated NAND block area containing supplementary data including ECC:

Data Storage on NAND Flash | STLinux

Please install the PPCE500MC Linux SDK 1.9 to obtain complete U-Boot sources:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/linux-sdk/linux-sdk-for-qoriq-proce...

0 Kudos