NCSI driver fake links

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCSI driver fake links

smiller2
Contributor IV

I am struggling with a new design using the LS1046A.    I am attempting to use an SFP module with a Broadcom chipset.   My header has "CONFIG_PHY_BROADCOM"  .  However, after booting U-BOOT, the mdio list is empty.    Out of desperation,  I added config statements for all the other drivers I could find.   I temporarily got real happy when the NC-SI seemed to link with the module.   

FSL_MDIO0:
0 - NC-SI <--> FM1@DTSEC9

Removing all but the #define CONFIG_PHY_NCSI   and it still would show up on the list.   However, my happiness was quickly evaporated when I removed the SFP module, rebooted and U-BOOT still shows the link.  

Why is this NCSI driver falsely linking to a module that is not there?   There is no other Ethernet ports in the system.   There is literally nothing else active.   With this module removed and the FPGA not programmed, none of the lanes on either SerDes has any active device.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to your description, FM1@DTSEC9 connects to SFP module, it should be PHY-less device, it should not be listed in MDIO list.

You should delete the following lines in board/freescale/ls1046ardb/eth.c.

/* Set the on-board AQ PHY address */
fm_info_set_phy_address(FM1_10GEC1, FM1_10GEC1_PHY_ADDR);

/* XFI on lane A, MAC 9 */
dev = miiphy_get_dev_by_name(DEFAULT_FM_TGEC_MDIO_NAME);
fm_info_set_mdio(FM1_10GEC1, dev);

0 Kudos