Can I have sample of elf file but not uboot which I can try to load on t2080e SDK taget, thanks

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have sample of elf file but not uboot which I can try to load on t2080e SDK taget, thanks

Jump to solution
sergeyuskach
Contributor I

Hi,

I am bringing up  new development envoro0nment for t2080e SDK board and what eevr files was shipped with this board are binary. Can I have a copy of ELF files for Linux so I can laod this elf file using emulator.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

vmlinux is built with debug symbols, from SDK 1.8.

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can take the SDK sources from Freescale site and build the images by yourself and you will have the elf file.

Adrian

0 Kudos
sergeyuskach
Contributor I

Hi Adrian:

thanks for a reply , I can do it but my development environment is Windows or Cigwin, can you build it using Cigwin ?

Can you point me to how to build document.

Thanks

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No sure about building using cygwin. But, why don't you used a linux virtual machine?

Adrian

0 Kudos
sergeyuskach
Contributor I

Hi Adrian:

I do not have one. If I have one I would not ask you this questions

Thanks

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You have to build the images from sources, to have sync between elf and bin files.

Adrian

0 Kudos
sergeyuskach
Contributor I

Hi Adrian:

It looks like I am asking you for something to help me with and you are trying to dodge it.

Can you just give me vmlinux.elf file. I do not need any source and I cannot build it.

Is it too difficult ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is not difficult, but I don't know the options used for building kernel image in SDK, this is way the recommendation is to build the kernel by yourself.

Adrian

0 Kudos
sergeyuskach
Contributor I

Hi Adrain:

It looks like blind person trying to talk to mute one.

Can you send me any vmlinux.elf build to the eval board I have , I keep repeating that I do not have linux machine to build and each time you are ignoring it.

Is my English is so bad that you could not understand it ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What target you need to have built (t2080qds-64b, t2080qds, t2080rdb-64b, t2080rdb) and what SDK version?

0 Kudos
sergeyuskach
Contributor I

t2080qds-64b any version , I just need elf file

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

vmlinux is built with debug symbols, from SDK 1.8.

Adrian

0 Kudos