Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9131RDB: DSP prints onto Console thru UART

Jump to solution
rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi All,          

I am using BSC9131RDB board and i wanted to know whether following is possible.

1. wrote a code and it does have many printf statements at various stages of execution.

2. when i run the binary image thru dsp_bt application, i see there are NO prints at all.

3. i am getting a basic doubt, whether the DSP is connected to UART enoff to route the prints to the Console thru UART. please clarify?

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I think this possible, but you need to add drivers for UART running on DSP.

Please be noted, as UART is in PA CCSR, you need to make sure MMU(M_DSDAx, M_DSDBx) is configured to allow direct access to PA CCSR space from DSP side. And use 0xFEF0_0000 as base address.

For the third question:

StarCore use CLASS to interconnect with ECM fabric. So this is the connection.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I think this possible, but you need to add drivers for UART running on DSP.

Please be noted, as UART is in PA CCSR, you need to make sure MMU(M_DSDAx, M_DSDBx) is configured to allow direct access to PA CCSR space from DSP side. And use 0xFEF0_0000 as base address.

For the third question:

StarCore use CLASS to interconnect with ECM fabric. So this is the connection.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
rcreddy
Contributor III

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. I don't have much time to do this RnD. i tried in merging examples of print-debug and AIC_loopback example and ended up nowhere for past 2 days. Seriously i never saw a complex chip like this. If a AIC can't be debugged in DEBUG mode, then atleast you should provide ready drivers for UART based prints for debugging AIC in release mode.

please point me to code which i can use to print debug prints from DSP to uart. Again please point to readily code which i can make use of.

Thanks

RC Reddy

0 Kudos