QorIQ Linux SDK 1.6 Working With Yocto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This application note introduces how to install and use Yocto to customize and generate required images.

QorIQ SDK 1.6 installation and build environment setting up procedures.

Using script fsl-setup-poky to create a build project and explaining specific parameters related with local configuration file.

Yocto Image types and generation, and how to modify variables in machine configuration file to generate required images.

How to run specific bitbake tasks, and how to configure and rebuild u-boot and Linux Kernel.

How to create customized rootfs image recipes to add and remove packages list, use ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND to modify RFS content before image generation.

Using merge-files package to add users’ own files into root file system.

Creating new package recipes in Yocto build environment.

Tags (3)
Attachments
Comments

Hi, so I am trying to build u-boot using bitbake; but I am getting a loop error. Would anyone know how I can resolve this? On an ubuntu-22.04 I had to update the version of recipes-devtools/bison to bison_3.8.2.bb. And because of which I am getting the following error:

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.22.0"
BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-22.04"
TARGET_SYS        = "arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE           = "ls1021aiot"
DISTRO            = "fsl-networking"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "QorIQ-SDK-V1.8"
TUNE_FEATURES     = "armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa7"
TARGET_FPU        = "vfp-neon"
meta
meta-yocto
meta-yocto-bsp
meta-rds
meta-fsl-arm
meta-fsl-networking
meta-fsl-toolchain
meta-virtualization
meta-oe
meta-networking
meta-perl
toolchain-layer
meta-java
meta-linaro-toolchain
meta-security     = "feature/jpc/jenkins:073d500a2f332da0d339f635acf98a3a69ed1e25"

NOTE: Preparing runqueue
ERROR: Unbuildable tasks were found.
These are usually caused by circular dependencies and any circular dependency chains found will be printed below. Increase the debug level to see a list of unbuildable tasks.

Identifying dependency loops (this may take a short while)...

ERROR:
Dependency loop #1 found:
  Task 187 (virtual:native:/home/trilliant/tmpDev/arnav_dev/fsl-ls1021aiot-sdk/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/bison/bison_3.8.2.bb, do_install) (dependent Tasks ['bison, do_compile'])
  Task 188 (virtual:native:/home/trilliant/tmpDev/arnav_dev/fsl-ls1021aiot-sdk/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/bison/bison_3.8.2.bb, do_populate_sysroot) (dependent Tasks ['bison, do_install'])
  Task 190 (virtual:native:/home/trilliant/tmpDev/arnav_dev/fsl-ls1021aiot-sdk/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/bison/bison_3.8.2.bb, do_configure) (dependent Tasks ['autoconf, do_populate_sysroot', 'automake, do_populate_sysroot', 'gettext-minimal-native, do_populate_sysroot', 'libtool-native, do_populate_sysroot', 'bison, do_patch', 'bison, do_populate_sysroot', 'gnu-config, do_populate_sysroot', 'flex, do_populate_sysroot'])
  Task 191 (virtual:native:/home/trilliant/tmpDev/arnav_dev/fsl-ls1021aiot-sdk/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/bison/bison_3.8.2.bb, do_compile) (dependent Tasks ['bison, do_configure'])

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎10-07-2014 07:17 PM
Updated by: