cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size Project with Processor Expert

vincenzogiudici
Contributor I

Ciao,

I created the project with processors Expert, but I realized that the dimensions are exaggerated ...almost 10K to configure only the micro KL03CSP without adding any driver !!

Oss then you can not implement?

How can I reduce the size?

Thank you

102035_102035.pngpastedImage_3.png

Original Attachment has been moved to: My_Project.zip

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

vincenzogiudici
Contributor I

Thank you all.

Hello Jorge

I insert NDEBUG and becomes light, but what does that entail?

I want to understand better

Thank you

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Vincenzo:

The NDEBUG macro invalidates all of the calls to the assert() and debug_assert() functions. Such functions check the parameters passed to the KSDK APIs (e.g. that a parameter value is within a valid range) and prints any error to the IDE console or to a UART port for debugging purposes.

You may want to work without the macro while in development and then place the macro for the final version of the code.

Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Vincenzo:

You can also add the NDEBUG macro to the compiler's Preprocessor settings and this will significantly reduce the code size. See below:

pastedImage_0.png

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

when you do not need any RTOS you can remove the OSA component from your project to reduce memory allocation. For details please see following thread: KSDK 1.2.0 and MKV30 :How to remove osa1 if i dont want any OS??

This option is available from PEx for KSDK 1.2.

If OSA disabled, CPU will boot using CMSIS startup and only HAL and Init. components can be used. Int his case is supported only 1 clock configuration (= the CMSIS boot clock cfg). In this case you can also check following option in clock manager for additional mem. allocation reduction.

pastedImage_2.png

best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos