cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert : FreeRTOS TICKLESS_IDLE decision hook

jan_glos
Contributor I

Hi all, 

I try to generate tickless idle decision hook in the Processor Expert of NXP Design Studio, there is an option during the configuration:

pastedImage_10.png

Which generate:

configUSE_TICKLESS_IDLE_DECISION_HOOK 1 and

configUSE_TICKLESS_IDLE_DECISION_HOOK_NAME in the FreeRTOSConfig.h.

I have come across ports of FreeRTOS where the implemantation has been made in task.c (line 3336 & 3337)

I talked about marked line:

pastedImage_17.png

In my implementation of task.c I can't decide when we can't enter to idle mode, see below implementation :

pastedImage_14.png

I use new S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0. but the same problem exist in BETA v2.9.2 

Do You able to generate this code in your SDK or know what's the reason ? It's SDK or FreeRTOS fault ?

Thanks in advance, Jan

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ovidiualexandru
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jan,

Seems that the snapshot included is from an earlier version of the S32 SDK. Both BETA 2.9.2 and RTM 3.0.0 include FreeRTOS v10.0.1, and the Processor Expert component has been updated to reflect the current configuration options:

pastedImage_1.png

The FreeRTOS configuration options configUSE_TICKLESS_IDLE_DECISION_HOOK and configUSE_TICKLESS_IDLE_DECISION_HOOK_NAME have been deprecated from FreeRTOS for this version.

If you are still seeing "V8.2.1" in either BETA 2.9.2 or RTM 3.0.0 there might be an issue in the project. Perhaps creating a new project with "New Project from Example" might help.

Best regards,

Ovidiu

0 Kudos