Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE 10.4 Error in PE_MisraEnableRules.prg

Jump to solution
adyr
Contributor V

Hi,

I have just installed Processor Expert 10.4 and loaded the project for the TWR-K60F120M that I have previously used with Processor Expert 10.3. I have not knowingly made any changes from the original except for the build options - Compiler, which is now IAR ARM C Compiler, and generated the files.

When I use the Generate Processor Expert Code in 10.4 I get the error message:

Generator: FAILURE: Unexpected status of script: Drivers\Common\PE_MisraEnableRules.prg, please contact Freescale support. bsp_twrk60f120m  Cpu Processor Expert Problem

If I change the Processor Expert directory configuration back to the 10.3 folder it works OK.

Is this a bug in 10.4 or is there really a problem with the configuration that 10.3 didn't pickup?

Best regards,

Adrian.

1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please find the hotfix for Processor Expert Driver Suite 10.4 attached to this issue, try it and let us know if it fixes the issues in your project.

The description and instructions are enclosed in the readme file within the package.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
microeval
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

I started integrating the MQX-Lite(RTOS folder) which is generated with codeWorrior(for KL46Z) with KL46Z IAR project.

Can you please tell me how to get the "IAR ARM C compiler" option in the CodeWarrior10.5?(able to see only CodeWarrior C compiler and GNU C Compiler).

I selected the GNU C compiler and created the KL46Z project using CodeWarrior10.5 and copied the MQX-Lite folder into KL46Z IAR project ,while compiling the project with IAR IDE am getting build errors in boot.S and dispatch.S files.

Updating build tree...

boot.S

Error[40]: Bad instruction C:\Users\KL46Z\MQXLITE\psp\cortex_m\types.inc 39

Error[42]: Duplicate label:'.equ' C:\Users\KL46Z\MQXLITE\psp\cortex_m\types.inc 44

Error[40]: Bad instruction C:\Users\KL46Z\MQXLITE\psp\cortex_m\types.inc 44

Error[42]: Duplicate label:'.equ' C:\Users\KL46Z\MQXLITE\psp\cortex_m\types.inc 45

Error[40]: Bad instruction C:\Users\KL46Z\MQXLITE\psp\cortex_m\types.inc 45

Error[42]: Duplicate label:'.equ' C:\Users\KL46Z\MQXLITE\psp\cortex_m\types.inc 46

Error[40]: Bad instruction C:\Users\KL46Z\MQXLITE\psp\cortex_m\types.inc 46

how to resolve this compiler dependent error?  any suggestions..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

--Ram.

0 Kudos
adyr
Contributor V

Hi Ram,

When I started the New - Processor Expert Project I kept stepping through the wizard and the last option is to select the Target Compiler where "IAR ARM C Compiler" is one of the options. Once I had the project I added the MQX Lite component.

If I start a New - Processor Expert MQX-Lite Project then I don't get that last option. Not sure if that is a bug or by design.

I can also change the compiler by selecting the Cpu:... under the Processors section of the project components and then select the Build Options tab in the Component Inspector.

If the IAR compiler option does not appear then I'm afraid I don't know how to add it.

Best regards,
Adrian.

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I haven't been able to reproduce such problem yet.  Could you please attached (simplified) project or at least the ProcessorExpert.pe file with the components configuration?

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
gpowanda
Contributor II

Petr,

Any luck with this??

Gregory T. Powanda

Senior Field Applications Engineer

Arrow Electronics, Inc.

3245 Old Frankstown Road

Pittsburgh, PA 15239-2909

Phone: 724-387-7052

Cell: 412-759-6452

gpowanda@arrow.com <mailto:gpowanda@arrow.com>

www.arrow.com <http://www.arrow.com>

Save the date! AUGUST 28th is Arrow University in Pittsburgh…

Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 11:45 AM

To: 'jive-257545902-bl5-2-8gxc@freescale.hosted.jivesoftware.com'

Subject: RE: - PE 10.4 Error in PE_MisraEnableRules.prg

Petr,

Please find the project attached…

. I created a new project, selected the processor and IAR and added the MQX component. When I try to generate the code files, I get the error,

Gregory T. Powanda

Arrow Electronics, Inc.

3245 Old Frankstown Road

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you, I have reproducted the problem and passed it to the development team for analysis. It's most probably a bug.

Sorry for an inconvenience, we'll try to prepare some solution for you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

gpowanda
Contributor II

Thanks Petr,

I’ll look forward to the reply back from the development team….

Gregory T. Powanda

Arrow Electronics, Inc.

3245 Old Frankstown Road

0 Kudos
gpowanda
Contributor II

Petr,

Any updates from the development team on this??

Greg

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Greg,

I was informed that the problem is being fixed. Unfortunatelly, there seems to be no workaround so we will prepare a hot-fix package which should be available in the beginning of the next week.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

gpowanda
Contributor II

Petr,

Has this been released??

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please find the hotfix for Processor Expert Driver Suite 10.4 attached to this issue, try it and let us know if it fixes the issues in your project.

The description and instructions are enclosed in the readme file within the package.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
adyr
Contributor V

Thanks Petr. This appears to solve the problem. Unfortunately I don't have the original project anymore as I started afresh with all the Freescale stuff because I had hacked it about so much when trying things out. I am having some issues with USB MSD host and wanted to be sure it was not anything I had changed causing the problems.

I have now used the Processor Expert 10.4 on a cloned BSP and it seems to be working.

Best regards,

Adrian.

0 Kudos
gpowanda
Contributor II

Petr,

Please find the project attached…

. I created a new project, selected the processor and IAR and added the MQX component. When I try to generate the code files, I get the error,

Gregory T. Powanda

Arrow Electronics, Inc.

3245 Old Frankstown Road

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. CodeWarrior Development Tools ) to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion?

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

0 Kudos
gpowanda
Contributor II

Wlodek_D.,

This is actually an issue with the IAR Compiler and not CodeWarrior so I think Adrian has placed this in the correct location.

I have another customer that has received the exact same error message when trying to build a processor expert project with IAR....?

0 Kudos