MPC8641-HPCN Evaluation board Flash is Not Erasing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8641-HPCN Evaluation board Flash is Not Erasing

ashishkhetan
Contributor II

Hii I am using MPC8641-HPCN board for evaluation purpose. I am Trying to Interface AT49BV6416 Flash through Local bus controller. I am using two flash connected so that port size is 32 bit. The Input clock SYSCLK is 100Mhz, MPX 400Mhz, CORE 800Mhz

I used the following Register configuration:

BR0 FF001801

OR0 FF006FF7

LBCR 00000000

LCRR 80000008

So the Local Bus is working at 25Mhz. I dont understand what went wrong its reading but not getting erase/write? I am using code warrior for bring up purpose. Any pointer/clue or any thing that will help to understand and implement this will be helpful.

Thanks in Advance..

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Did you try with the default CW support (regarding to cfg settings) and using another flash device (maybe one like AT49BV162A - 1Mx16x2 configuration) ?

I took a look into flash device list and we don;t support official this flash - AT49BV6416 .

Regards,

Marius

ashishkhetan
Contributor II

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your reply, I understand by default CW support flash - AT49BV6416 is not supported.

So i have two options:

1: Use AT49BV162A flash

2: Add flash initialization file for AT49BV6416 flash.

Thanks & Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos

marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For a new flash device (AT49BV6416 in your case) you'll need to update the flash initialization part from cfg file if is necessary (as you already suggested in the second option/step), _but_ if the commands set or others things are different than AT49BV162A (basically you'll need a flash algorithm to rely on) you'll need also to make a new flash algorithm (you can compare the data sheets between AT49BV162A and AT49BV6416).

Regards,

Marius

ashishkhetan
Contributor II

Now i am trying to initialize DDR2 using DDR controller 2 and i am facing some issues. when i am using it in CW its working fine but when i am trying to use in u-boot its stuck before relocation. So can you point out where it could have problem because i am trying to get over rid of it but unable to find where is the problem...

Thanks in Advance...

Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos