cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in NAND read operation

Irfan3
Contributor III

Hi Team,

we are working on the NAND flash device for Custom T2081 board.

The Nand device which we are using is from Micron MT29F8G08ABDA-IFC.

The issue is as follows:

writing at ROW address= 0x10000000 or 0x00001000 IFC_NAND_EVTER_STAT shows NAND operation complete.

whereas while read operation at 0x10000000 IFC_NAND_EVTER_STAT shows NAND operation is not complete.

also while read operation at 0x00001000 IFC_NAND_EVTER_STAT shows NAND operation is complete but with Error as "uncorrectable ECC error due to page read operation".

For reference i am attaching the screenshots of the above mentioned issue.

Please can you suggest me what could be the issue? Also how can we verify at what memory address of nand device it is getting programmed.

Thanks & regards,

Irfan

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Attached file contains NAND Flash driver from SDK 2.0 u-boot. Compare your code and this driver.

0 Kudos

Irfan3
Contributor III

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your quick response.

We tried to follow your suggestions and based on that here are some of the observations.

1. We tried to write 10 locations of page 0 and the code-warrior shows NAND operation is complete. the IFC_NAND_EVTER_STAT register is loaded with value 0x80000000 which indicates the flash operation complete.

2. During the read operation of page 0 we are getting 00000000 as output on the memory window. so can you please suggest us what would be the issue.

For more details I am attaching the method (code) we have used for Reading/writing the NAND flash and the dump file obtained during the reading of NAND flash through code-warrior flash programmer along with the screenshots.

Please provide us the valuable input for solving this issue.

Thanks & regards,

Irfan

0 Kudos