CWTAP is not found from CW connections view.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWTAP is not found from CW connections view.

jekim
Contributor III

Hello,

The board is LS1046 FRWY. The CWTAP I have is as below links. The COM port of CWTAP is visible from the device manager and its netparam can be checked as below picture. However, the connection is not found from CW connections view. How to debug this issue? 

CWH-CTP-BASE-HE NXP Semiconductors | Mouser Taiwan

CWH-CTP-CTX10-YE NXP Semiconductors | Mouser Taiwan

Thanks.

CWTAP_COMPORT.PNG

0 Kudos
17 Replies

June_Lu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Attach one more video to display connections view.

Please note, the IP address is my CW ethernet address, please add customer's own CW IP address.

0 Kudos

June_Lu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems before, you connect the CW through ethernet.

Please set the IP address in the probe type space.

See attachment.

Or link the CW with USB cable.codewarrior_netlink_with_ip.PNG

0 Kudos

jekim
Contributor III

June, I put the IP address when I try the "read from target". However, the "read from target" can't be done while ping process is fine between PC and CWTAP. Please refer to the attached picture. BTW, ping process from CWTAP to FRWY_LS1046A is not working.

0 Kudos

June_Lu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Would you PC could ping CWTAP?

Would you connect the USB cable first?

0 Kudos

jekim
Contributor III

June, PC can ping CWTAP as attached.

0 Kudos

June_Lu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you try to connect the USB cable first? Not the ethernet?

0 Kudos

June_Lu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

What's the CW version? Is it 11.5.12?

Have you tried to create a new project in a brand-new file?

If it's not work, would try to re-install the CW, try it on a new PC

0 Kudos

jekim
Contributor III

June, As you can see from the previously attached picture, the project name is "NEW PROJECT". It is a newly created project. The CW version you mentioned is correct.

0 Kudos

June_Lu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you tried to create a new project in newworkspace.PNGworkspace_c.PNGa new workspace(a brand-new file)?

0 Kudos

jekim
Contributor III

June, maybe you meant a new project in a new workspace. I created a new project in a new workspace. However, the connections view doesn't show anything as the attached picture while the diagnostics are fine.

0 Kudos

June_Lu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Would you kindly try to "read from target" to create a new QCVS SERDES? See attachment video.

0 Kudos

jekim
Contributor III

June, thank you for the introduction. The read from target is never ending as attached while the connection diagnostics is fine.

0 Kudos

June_Lu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please create a new project in the QCVS windows, you would see the "Connections View" in the QCVS windows.

But, if you want to check the board link. It seems you have duplicated a new board. Press the "Diagnose Connections"

0 Kudos

jekim
Contributor III

Hello June,

I created a new project and the connection diagnostics is PASS. However, the connections view doesn't show anything. Please refer to the attached screen shot.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

jekim
Contributor III

Hello June,

Thank you. I opened the "Target Connections" window as your instructions as attached. However, the "connections view" is still empty. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos

June_Lu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Window > Perspective > Open  Perspective> Others>Target Connections>C/C++(default)>Target Connections.

0 Kudos

jekim
Contributor III

Hello,

The connection diagnostics is successful as the attached image. How to add the CWTAP to the connections view?

Thanks.

0 Kudos