cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF8200: Read OTP registers after programming

adevries
Contributor V

Hello,

Is it possible to read the values of all OTP registers on a PF8200 once it has been programmed? I ordered some custom programmed PF8200 PMICs, and I'm seeing some unexpected behavior that could be explained by OTP_FS_MAX_CNT being programmed incorrectly. Is there any way for me to have the PF8200 output the value of this register over I2C? When I use i2cdump, all the registers from 0xA0 to 0xFF are 0.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes,I mean the operation in the EVB.

In your case which OTP mirror registers do you want to read?

0 Kudos

adevries
Contributor V

I was interested in reading the register OTP_FS_MAX. But I actually solved my problem without that information. I figured out the issue was due to the custom OTP programming worksheet. I made a post about the issue here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/Power-Management/PF8X00-Custom-OTP-Request-Form-is-wrong/m-p/1205515#M1...

Thanks

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

After do OTP by GUI,then J10 short 1-2 to pull high the PRWON pin then try to read this OTP register.

0 Kudos

adevries
Contributor V

Hi Guoweisun,

Thanks for the reply. The PF8200 I am trying to read is installed on a custom PCB, this is not on the evaluation board. But if it's possible to read this register on the eval board, that could help me read the registers of mine. I don't know what you mean when you say "J10 short 1-2 to pull high the PWRON pin". On the evaluation board, J10 is the connector for VIN.

adevries_0-1609261083061.png

0 Kudos