p1020wlan

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p1020wlan

sunder
Contributor I

In the P1020-WLAN reference board, what are steps to enable and boot from NAND flash.

With change in jumper setting J6 in the reference board and reboot, the uboot prompt did not come up.

The board contains original version of uboot.bin

The folder /QorIQ-SDK-V1.7/QorIQ-SDK-V1.7-20141218-yocto/build_p1020rdb_release/tmp/deploy/images/p1020rdb contains uboot bin for NAND.

The board works well with NOR flash(default) without any issues. In this NOR boot prompt, NAND based command is not supported.

Best Regards,

Sunder

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Freescale SDK 1.7 provides u-boot generation for NAND Flash booting.

See attachment. It is screenshot “deploy” folder after “bitbake fsl-image-full” command.

Freescale offers the P1020 WLAN Software Bundle (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RD_P1020WLANS&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools...).
This Bundle contains LTIB Linux BSP for the P1020WLAN. This BSP supports NAND booting.
0 Kudos

sunder
Contributor I

ok.  I will try with that information.

0 Kudos

johnclark
Contributor I

Like most so called 'help' here, this does not answer the question really.

The current SDK that Freescale puts out, is YOCTO, not LTIB, and so, whatever may be in the LTIB sources, is at least 3-4 years old.

I personally was reluctant to 'sign up' for a Freescale chip, the p1020, in the first place, and the way the 'support' for the WLAN board has gone, it confirmed my suspicions about Freescale.

Having spent the better part of the last 2 weeks getting my 'debian' up to a point were the Yocto based SDK would install and build, I'm pretty irritated about the whole process.

The LTIB package wasn't an easy install, and there were significant differences between LTIB from Freescale, and LTIB activity outside of Freescale. As I recall, some chunks of the Freescale package referred to internal servers which were not accessible by the outside world. It's been a while so memory has faded on the details.

But never fear, Freescale has provided a Yocto environment which is equally obscur for important features of how sources are taken from the original development line, patched with needful items for use with the Freescale ppc processors, and placed in the hierarchy.

To contrast, I've used OpenWRT for my actual deliverables, and have never had the problems with installing, compiling and getting a working kernel+commandline tools up and running.

Heck, I've had better success getting the entire FreeBSD OS compiled completely and working on my P1020-WLAN board than getting 'u-boot' correctly compiled under Yocto.

That's because the expectations of OpenWRT are far more minimalistic, namely a reasonable distribution and host gcc, or in the case of FreeBSD, a FreeBSD host, but there are easy to use installation disks, and once that is done, generating the target system uses a minimal host configuration as well.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We know that customers use Freescale LTIB and Freescale SDK.

Freescale LTIB BSP for the P1020WLAN correctly works under Ubuntu 10, Ubuntu 12, Ubuntu 14.
Freescale SDK correctly works under Ubuntu 12, Ubuntu 14.
Freescale recommended for using Ubuntu for these BSP. 
We do not have information about problem concerning to these BSP.
These BSPs support NAND booting.
0 Kudos