cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using eSPI in ASMP mode for P2041

keeweeyeo
Contributor I

Hi,

My team had setup a two partitions ASMP with freescale hypervisor.

We assigned the eSPI to the first partition but it did not appear in the /dev directory after the linux is booted up.

Can eSPI be used in ASMP?

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello kee wee yeo,

eSPI is supported in hypervisor mode, in the P2041 default hypervisor dtb file RR_PX_0x09/hv-2p-lnx-lnx/hv.dts, eSPI has already been allocated into the first partition, I think you could find espi setup information in the Kernel boot log of the first partition. What kind of device do you use on eSPI bus, Flash? If so, you could access /dev/mtdblock* after Kernel boot up and you should get the following similar information when the first partition boot up.

root@p3041ds:~# dmesg | grep spi

[    0.833048] fsl_espi ffe110000.spi: master is unqueued, this is deprecated

[    0.838846] m25p80 spi32766.0: found s25fl129p1, expected s25sl12801

[    0.843894] m25p80 spi32766.0: s25fl129p1 (16384 Kbytes)

[    0.847895] 4 ofpart partitions found on MTD device spife110000.0

[    0.852665] Creating 4 MTD partitions on "spife110000.0":

[    0.873275] fsl_espi ffe110000.spi: at 0xf1106000 (irq = 53)

If your problem remains, please provide your boot log and hv.dtb.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yihangtay
Contributor I

Hi Yiping,

I am working with Kee Wee, sorry for not replying earlier. We were quite busy the last few weeks.

We tried the hv-config with the Qoriq v1.3.2 and v1.5 and the P2041RDB

I was not able to see any spi device being initialized for either these cases.

I have attached the boot log and the hv.dtb for these two cases. I have also attached our custom dtb file which also was not able to initialize the spi device using hypervisor.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yi Hang

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Yi Hang,

The hypervisor provided in SDK 1.6 could support SPI.

Please try to use hypervisor source from git tree git://git.freescale.com/ppc/sdk/hypervisor/hypervisor.git.

Please check the attached hypervisor patch, it seems that it is related with this problem.

If further assistance is needed, please feel free to let me know.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

yihangtay
Contributor I

Ah yes it seems to work now thanks!

Regards,

Yi Hang

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kee wee yeo,

Would you please provide your hypervisor device tree file?

I will do more investigation for you later.

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos