Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-boot debug failed because "Can't find a source file"

kuoweihsu
Contributor III

Hi,

CPU: P2020

SDK:1.6, build fsl-images-core.

First at all, add 'EXTRA_OEMAKE += "CONFIG_CW=1"' in ..\QorIQ-SDK-V1.6-20140619-yocto-CW\meta-fsl-ppc\recipes-bsp\u-boot\u-boot_git.bb

We start to debug u-boot on our customized board by load elf file, just like AN4876: CodeWarrior U-Boot Debugging. However, it is failed because "Can't find a source file" after we add the path in the chapter 5.2.2.  Reference Targeting_PA_Processors in PA/PA_Support. Here is our setting for debug configuration.

** Specify the Source Lookup Path ==> please reference Targeting_PA_Processors, 5.16.3 Specify the Source Lookup Path

In the Compilation path

Remote PC (compile SDK and generate elf file) path : U:\projects\src\sdk\QorIQ-SDK-V1.6-20140619-yocto-CW\build_p2020rdb_release

Local file system path

Local PC (run CW and workspace) path : C:\Users\kuowei\workspace\develop_nor

We using initialization file "C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.3.3\PA\PA_Support\Initialization_Files\QorIQ_P2\P10xx-P20xxRDB_P2020_uboot_32.tcl"

Is any processes we miss?? The attached file is the error happened.

Thanks for all your help in community.

Regards,

kuowei

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please take a look on this CodeWarrior U-Boot Debugging.

Also, make sure you have imported in CW the elf file built in a folder similar with build_p2020rdb_release\tmp\work\p2020rdb-fsl-linux-gnuspe\u-boot\2014.01+fslgit-r0\git\

Adrian

0 Kudos

kuoweihsu
Contributor III

Hi,

We debug followed by CodeWarrior U-Boot Debugging step by step and our elf file is located at build_p2020rdb_release\tmp\work\p2020rdb-fsl-linux-gnuspe\u-boot\2014.01+fslgit-r0\git\P2020RDB_DEVELOP\. "P2020RDB_DEVELOP" is just like "P2020RDB-PC", "P2020RDB-PC_36BIT" and others. Is any others we missing ?? 

Regards,

kuowei

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Something is wrong, because the elf file imported in CW, will prompt for other location than the uboot build location. Did you build using bitbake u-boot or manually build the uboot sources from build_p2020rdb_release\tmp\work\p2020rdb-fsl-linux-gnuspe\u-boot\2014.01+fslgit-r0\git\?

Adrian

0 Kudos

kuoweihsu
Contributor III

Hi, Adrian,

We build u-boot follow the process in doc QorIQ-SDK-1.6-IC-RevB.pdf "2.3.4 U-Boot" which is in SDK.

By the way, for Standalone toolchain, we just build it and do not execute "./fsl-networking-eglibc-<host-system>-<core>-toolchain-<release>.sh". Will this cause problems??

Regards,

kuowei

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could be a possibility. For standalome toolchain please follow the steps from Standalone toolchain, but I guess you just did, with out executing the script.

Adrian

0 Kudos

kuoweihsu
Contributor III

Hi, Adrian,

Because the file start.S should be in "..\QorIQ-SDK-V1.6-20140619-yocto-CW\build_p2020rdb_release\tmp\work\p2020rdb-fsl-linux-gnuspe\u-boot\2014.01+fslgit-r0\git\arch\powerpc\cpu\mpc85xx" rather in ../QorIQ-SDK-V1.6-20140619-yocto-CW/build_p2020rdb_release/tmp/work/ppce500v2-fsl-linux-gnuspe/libgcc/4.8.1+fsl-r0/build/libgcc/", I think maybe some build-options or environment parameters are wrong. The path of reset vector file "resetvec.S" is found correctly in  "..git\arch\powerpc\cpu\mpc85xx\" and pc pointers to 0xfffffffc after reset. I set "setpicloadaddr 0xfff40000" in shell for 768K size. 

Here is my environment

1. build p202rdb

source ./fsl-setup-poky -m p2020rdb

bitbake fsl-toolchain     (P.S. no execute ./fsl-networking-eglibc-<host-system>-<core>-toolchain-<release>.sh)

bitbake fsl-image-core

2. modify

rebuild u-boot

All the command I use is the same as Targeting_PA_Processors in PA/PA_Support.

My environment PATH=/home/kuowei.hsu/projects/src/sdk/QorIQ-SDK-V1.6-20140619-yocto-CW/build_p2020rdb_release/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/ppce500v2-fsl_networking-linux-gnuspe:/home/kuowei.hsu/projects/src/sdk/QorIQ-SDK-V1.6-20140619-yocto-CW/scripts:/home/kuowei.hsu/projects/src/sdk/QorIQ-SDK-V1.6-20140619-yocto-CW/bitbake/bin:/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/lib/ccache:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/kuowei.hsu/.local/bin:/home/kuowei.hsu/bin:/opt/eldk-4.2/usr/bin

If you have any ideas to fix it, please let me know to set my environment. Thanks a lot!

Regards,

kuowei

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should run ./fsl-networking-eglibc-<host-system>-<core>-toolchain-<release>.sh and also in the default folder where standalone toolchain is installed, you should execute environment-setup-<core>. This will set the correct path to the build tools and export env vars.

Adrian

kuoweihsu
Contributor III

Hi, Adrian,

Thanks for your solution. We will try this way in our environment.

Regards,

kuowei

0 Kudos