Did you mean: 

Problems about P2020 in device tree

Jump to solution
敏赵
Contributor I

Hi there,

My u-boot is 36-bit.

The booting msg is shown as below:

Warning: U-Boot configured CCSR at address fffe00000,but the device tree has it at ffe00000

How can I provide a 36-bit device tree(.dts file)

Regards,

Min Zhao

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please boot Linux Kernel with 36bit device tree, in the latest SDK 1.5, the device tree p2020rdb-pc_36b.dts has already been integrated.

In order to build 36 bit device tree in Yocto, please modify the variable "KERNEL_DEVICETREE" as "${S}/arch/powerpc/boot/dts/p2020rdb-pc_36b.dts" and build images.

Boot Linux Kernel with the following command under u-boot.

bootm <uImage address> <filesystem address> <device tree address>

The Device Tree is a data structure for describing hardware. Rather than hard coding every detail of a device into an operating system.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What p2020 board (and version thereof) is this?  If it's p2020rdb-pc, there is a 36-bit version available in upstream Linux as well as recent SDKs.  If it's p2020ds or older revisions of p2020rdb, or a custom board without a 36-bit dts already available, you would need to modify the dts, or switch to a 32-bit U-Boot.

敏赵
Contributor I

It's p2020rdb-pc. What do you mean a 36-bit version available in upstream Linux as well as recent SDKs? Is it 36-bit device tree? I can't understand what is the device tree. How can I modify it? Does it include in the u-boot source code?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please boot Linux Kernel with 36bit device tree, in the latest SDK 1.5, the device tree p2020rdb-pc_36b.dts has already been integrated.

In order to build 36 bit device tree in Yocto, please modify the variable "KERNEL_DEVICETREE" as "${S}/arch/powerpc/boot/dts/p2020rdb-pc_36b.dts" and build images.

Boot Linux Kernel with the following command under u-boot.

bootm <uImage address> <filesystem address> <device tree address>

The Device Tree is a data structure for describing hardware. Rather than hard coding every detail of a device into an operating system.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos