cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2020DS Image creation using SDK 1.8

jyotisankarpand
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to create the images using Linux SDK 1.8 for P2020DS baord. This board support was removed from 1.8 SDK but after going through the community web pages, i created a .conf file and was able to partially create the image. I've certain issues which i would like some help with.

1. When i ran bitbake fsl-image-minimal/core it worked fine without any error, but inside the images/p2020ds directory i can see u-boot files missing completely.

2. When i run bitbake fsl-image-full i end up in having following error while creating the rootfs.

ERROR: u-boot-qoriq-images not found in the base feeds (p2020ds ppce500v2 noarch any all).

I'm kind of new to all this and trying to learn as much as possible from on-line but not able to have any luck yet, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Panda

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jyotisankar Panda,

This is because P2020DS is not included in SDK 1.8 u-boot source code at all, in the folders configs, include/configs/ and board/freescale/, there are no P2020DS supporting.

Actually P2020DS has already been removed since SDK 1.2 release.

If it is necessary for you to use SDK 1.8, you have to do the porting by yourself according P2020DS source code provided previously.

If you are doing target board bringing up, you also could refer to P2020RDB, which is supported in SDK 1.8.

Previously other customers asked similar questions, you could refer to Problem booting P2020DS with SDK 1.6 images.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jyotisankarpand
Contributor I

Hello Yiping,

Thanks for your inputs. I've been trying to port SDK 1.8 for P2020DS and have been partially successful. As mentioned earlier I was able to create kernel but u-boot never got created and same fails the rootfs creation.

I would appreciate if you could tell me what and where i need to be looking at exactly for a successful port.

Thanks,

Jyotisankar

0 Kudos