cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access NOR-FLASH (eLBC) P3041

cloviscosta
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a customized hardware with processor P3041 (based Hydra board development) and i need to access Nor-Flash (eLBC).

How to define the direct access to NOR-FLASH?

What´s the base address to start my RCW Write process?

Thanks.

Clovis C. Costa

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Clovis,

It is needed to setup LAW(Local Access Windows) for eLBC controller to allocate a memory range for NOR flash, you could refer to chapter 2 of P3041RM.  RCW is often located at the beginning of NOR Flash. You also need to define MMU TLB entry to define the memory map between the effective address and physical address, software will use the effective address.  If you use CodeWarrior to program NOR Flash, LAW and TLB setting have been done in CodeWarrior initialization file. You also could boot the target from SD card, then under u-boot to program NOR Flash, you need to use effective addresses defined in u-boot.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cloviscosta
Contributor I

At moment i need to know "how to define this address" because I´ve a ICE2 tools and will use it to write my RCW (default) at NOR-Flash (eLBC).

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello CLOVIS,

I am not familiar with Wind River ICE2 and trace 2, but I think it should be like CodeWarrior containing initialization file to set up LAW, MMU and configure  eLBC controller, then the flash programmer program could access NOR Flash with the effective address defined in the initialization file.

The attached is CodeWarrior initialization file, please have a reference.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is your flash empty? Or you have already working U-Boot and you just want to rewrite RCW?

0 Kudos

cloviscosta
Contributor I

My NOR-Flash is empty!!! I will start first steps to write NOR-Flash (eLBC)

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Clovis,

Do you have CodeWarrior TAP?

Do you want to program u-boot into NOR Flash?

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos

cloviscosta
Contributor I

I´ve ICE2 tools and will use this tools to write my RCW code at NOR-FLASH.

U-Boot will be used at next step.

0 Kudos