cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX93 EVK pmic

sbmd_1234
Contributor I

Hi 
I am working on the i.MX93 EVK from SW's perspective.
In that case, I was going through the drivers that are responsible for mapping PMIC (PCA9451A) but not getting a proper understanding of that.

So, my question is how we can map PMIC registers through drivers. Please help regarding this.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

sbmd_1234
Contributor I

Hi 
I am new to working with PMIC my doubt is from u-boot what are the configurations of PMIC we should do?

I have seen the spl.c there are very limited configurations that are being written to registers.

I am figuring out what we should configure during u-boot and what we should configure in the drivers of PMIC.

Eg. for regulator voltages, interrupts etc and all registers. I am just trying to understand the process of power sequence of pmic ?

0 Kudos

sbmd_1234
Contributor I

Hi @Alejandro_Salas
Thanks for your valuable reply!

I have gone through the drivers I want to know that initially at boot time the device will work according to the configurations in the driver for example- output voltages, delay time are given in the device tree. But what about other registers like interrupts, and other configs do we need to configure them via i2c command from user space after boot up or how we will do that please confirm once?

0 Kudos

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @sbmd_1234 

You can refer to SPL code.

I hope this can helps to you.

Best regards.

Salas.

0 Kudos

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @sbmd_1234 ,

The memory map of the PIMIC (PCA9451A) is maped here:

https://github.com/nxp-imx/linux-imx/blob/lf-6.1.y/include/linux/regulator/pca9450.h#L52

The memory map for PCA9451A and PCA9450 is the same.

Best regards.

Salas.

0 Kudos