Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyr: MIMX1170_EVK_CM7: Ethernet socket

illy777
Contributor III

Hello all,

getting following error when trying to build any ethernet example:

PS C:\zephyr\zephyrproject\zephyr> west build -b mimxrt1170_evk_cm7 .\samples\net\sockets\packet\
-- west build: generating a build system
Loading Zephyr default modules (Zephyr base).
-- Application: C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/net/sockets/packet
-- CMake version: 3.27.6
-- Found Python3: C:/Program Files/Python310/python.exe (found suitable version "3.10.4", minimum required is "3.8") found components: Interpreter 
-- Cache files will be written to: C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/.cache
-- Zephyr version: 3.6.0 (C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr)
-- Found west (found suitable version "1.0.0", minimum required is "0.14.0")
-- Board: mimxrt1170_evk_cm7
-- ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT not set, trying to locate Zephyr SDK
-- Found host-tools: zephyr 0.16.4 (C:/zephyr/zephyr-sdk-0.16.4)
-- Found toolchain: zephyr 0.16.4 (C:/zephyr/zephyr-sdk-0.16.4)
-- Found Dtc: C:/Users/delimayukii/.mcuxpressotools/dtc-msys2/tools/usr/bin/dtc.exe (found suitable version "1.6.1", minimum required is "1.4.6") 
-- Found BOARD.dts: C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/boards/arm/mimxrt1170_evk/mimxrt1170_evk_cm7.dts
-- Generated zephyr.dts: C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/build/zephyr/zephyr.dts
-- Generated devicetree_generated.h: C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/build/zephyr/include/generated/devicetree_generated.h
-- Including generated dts.cmake file: C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/build/zephyr/dts.cmake

warning: LOG_BACKEND_NATIVE_POSIX (defined at subsys/logging\backends\Kconfig.native_posix:4) was
assigned the value 'y' but got the value 'n'. Check these unsatisfied dependencies: ARCH_POSIX (=n).
See http://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/kconfig.html#CONFIG_LOG_BACKEND_NATIVE_POSIX and/or look up
LOG_BACKEND_NATIVE_POSIX in the menuconfig/guiconfig interface. The Application Development Primer,
Setting Configuration Values, and Kconfig - Tips and Best Practices sections of the manual might be
helpful too.

Parsing C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/net/sockets/packet/Kconfig
Loaded configuration 'C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/boards/arm/mimxrt1170_evk/mimxrt1170_evk_cm7_defconfig'
Merged configuration 'C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/net/sockets/packet/prj.conf'
Configuration saved to 'C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/build/zephyr/.config'
Kconfig header saved to 'C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/build/zephyr/include/generated/autoconf.h'
-- Found GnuLd: c:/zephyr/zephyr-sdk-0.16.4/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-zephyr-eabi/12.2.0/../../../../arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/ld.bfd.exe (found version "2.38") 
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 12.2.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 12.2.0
-- The ASM compiler identification is GNU
-- Found assembler: C:/zephyr/zephyr-sdk-0.16.4/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/arm-zephyr-eabi-gcc.exe
Load components for MIMXRT1176:
driver_common component is included.
driver_reset component is included.
device_CMSIS component is included.
CMSIS_Include_core_cm component is included.
device_system component is included.
driver_caam component is included.
driver_memory component is included.
driver_lpuart component is included.
driver_enet component is included.
driver_igpio component is included.
driver_cache_armv7_m7 component is included.
-- Configuring done (8.5s)
CMake Error at C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/modules/extensions.cmake:482 (target_sources):
  Cannot find source file:

C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/modules/crypto/mbedtls/library/ecp_curves_new.c
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/modules/mbedtls/CMakeLists.txt:98 (zephyr_library_sources)

CMake Error at C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/cmake/modules/extensions.cmake:425 (add_library):
  No SOURCES given to target: mbedTLSBase
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/zephyr/zephyrproject/zephyr/modules/mbedtls/CMakeLists.txt:33 (zephyr_library_named)

CMake Generate step failed.  Build files cannot be regenerated correctly.
FATAL ERROR: command exited with status 1: 'C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.EXE' '-DWEST_PYTHON=C:/Program Files/Python310/python.exe' '-BC:\zephyr\zephyrproject\zephyr\build' -GNinja -DBOARD=mimxrt1170_evk_cm7 '-DBOARD_ROOT=C:\Projekte\zephyr\dependencies\zephyr' '-SC:\zephyr\zephyrproject\zephyr\samples\net\sockets\packet

Question: why am I getting this errot?

And which sample is the bet for testing enet features? I need the most ez to implement sample. 

Thx!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @illy777 ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

Do you also test other Zephyr example on your side, eg, the helloworld in this link:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/nxp/mimxrt1170_evk/doc/index.html

Whether the simple project build works or not?

Or just the Ethernet socket build have issues, just want to check your zephyr platform is OK or not.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know, then I will help you to check it on my side.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

illy777
Contributor III

Hi kerry, yes, I'm much further. I already ported the board and everything is working besides ethernet and display.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @illy777 ,

Wow, So good! Glad to hear you already go further.

About the ethernet and display, my experience is, the related dataframe buffer need to use the non-cacheable buffer if you use the SDRAM as the memory.

You can refer to the SDK lwip and LCD display example for the details at first, you even can run that make it works at first, then compare with your zephyr sitaution.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos