cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB detection support for CDC in NFC-USB Dongle

Shikamaru
Contributor I

Hi team,

I have some query related to NXP-NCI_example from the below link https://www.mikroe.com/nfc-usb-dongle . here USB is detecting as HID. So while digging into it, inside TML layer which act as Hardware abstraction for NFC Library there i could see the HID related files.

Shikamaru_0-1698221331636.png

However,  I want to change the usb detection as  CDC(virtual com port) is this possible ?  (Main goal here is to instead of USB detecting as HID, wanted to change it as CDC device). is there any library support from NXP to accomplish this, kindly let me know.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Shikamaru 

The USB Dongle is developed based on NXP LPC11U24 MCU. LPC11U24 supports USB2.0 specification, and USB2.0 includes CDC feature (Communication Device Class). So if you want to switch to CDC, you need to transplant the USB2.0 related protocol stack and implement this feature in your application. However, for LPC11U24, there are no libraries, SDK and application examples available to you, so sorry about that and please understand.

BR

kelly

0 Kudos

Shikamaru
Contributor I

HI @KellyLi ,

Thanks for the clarification. However I have some queries related to USB Dongle.

1. Can I update the present firmware in the Dongle ?

2. If yes , kindly guide me how to proceed.

Regards,

Shikamaru

0 Kudos