cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Configuration of SJA1105 through python scripts

Lori1
Contributor I

Hi,

We would like to try SJA1105 tool configuration through python scripts.
Now we installed the python version : python-3.10.5-amd64.exe and download SJA1105 configuration tool(SJA1105X_CONFIG-GENTOOL) from NXP web site. I met the error meg. as below.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

D:\Work\SJA1105X_CONFIG-GENTOOL\examples_SJA1105x>python sja1105QS.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Work\SJA1105X_CONFIG-GENTOOL\examples_SJA1105x\sja1105QS.py", line 67, in <module>
from ethsw import configuration as conf
File "D:\Work\SJA1105X_CONFIG-GENTOOL\ethsw\configuration.py", line 37, in <module>
pkg_resources.require("intelhex>=2.2.1")
File "C:\Users\Lori.Hung\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 886, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File "C:\Users\Lori.Hung\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 772, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'intelhex>=2.2.1' distribution was not found and is required by the application

%%%%%%%%%%%%

Is there any expectation this will run on a Windows environment?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Lori1
Contributor I

Thanks for your suggestion.

After I installed the latest Python, I can install intexhex and execute the python example script successfully.

0 Kudos

abdullahzafar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lori1,

There is no as such requirement other then your python version needs to be 3.8 or higher and I can see that you are using 3.10. Recently a newer version of python config tools was released. I would recommend you to download that and see if you still experince this issue. 

BR, 

Abdullah

0 Kudos