Serial bootloader activation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial bootloader activation

hatemahmoudi
Contributor I

I am trying to initiate the MCU-boot on the MIMXRT1189 through lpspi1 interface either using the ROM API call or by erasing flash memory and test the ping command using RPI but no response back.
what could be the issue or is there any other configuration I missed. despite I configured the hardware switch (BOOT_MODE[2:0] to 001b for serial downloader) and did a modification on the dev kit by soldering wires to allow communication through LPSPI1
Also attached my code that I used to run the bootloader from application 
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

#define BOOTLOADER_TREE_LOCATION (0x1000001C)

typedef struct BootloaderTree
 {
	void (*runBootloader)(void *arg); //Function to start the bootloader executing.
	//standard_version_t version; //Bootloader version number.
	const char *copyright; //Copyright string.
	//const flexspi_nor_flash_driver_t *flexspiNorDriver; //FlexSPI NOR FLASH Driver API.
 } bootloader_tree_t;

bootloader_tree_t *romApiTree = (bootloader_tree_t *)BOOTLOADER_TREE_LOCATION;
uint32_t arg = 0xEB100000;       //0xEB: represents Enter Boot; 0x10: represents enter serial downloader with auto detection

void EnterBootLoader(void)
{
	romApiTree->runBootloader(&arg);
};
/*!
 * @brief Main function
 */
int main(void)
{
    /* Board pin init */
    BOARD_ConfigMPU();
    BOARD_InitPins();
    BOARD_BootClockRUN();
    BOARD_InitDebugConsole();
    SystemCoreClockUpdate();

EnterBootLoader();
}

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately, there is not much information available for RT1180 since it is in preproduction. I suggest you contact your distributor for more details. 
For other products of the RT family like RT1170, serial downloader is only available through UART1 and USB; to confirm that this also applies please get in touch with your distributor.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos