SJA1105R configuration without host processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SJA1105R configuration without host processor

buzzy
Contributor I

Hi all! Our product is using a SJA1105R. but without a host processor. We have a microcontroller for configuration over an SPI bus. I've cloned and ported the sja1105-tool into our code base, and after a few fixes have the core of the sja1105-tool running -- that is enough to process an XML file to build a hex config. I've yet to get a config loaded into the SJA1105 and working to allow traffic between the Ethernet ports.

I'm concerned that the sja1105-tool hasn't been maintained for the last 5-6 years. Is this tool known to be working with current SJA1105 products? There are also clearly features missing from the sja1105-tool. What are the plans for NXP to address these short comings?

Are there other SPI configuration tools available for the SJA1105 that may be a better choice than the ageing sja1105-tool? I'd like to avoid building an implementation from scratch.

https://github.com/nxp-archive/openil_sja1105-tool

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

buzzy
Contributor I

Thank you Petrs. The device-tools and config-gentool appear to be python based, which can be run on a host, but not a small microcontroller. Can these python tools generate an appropriate configuration in bin-hex format such that it can be loaded using the openil_sja1105-tool? Can these tools set up proper clocking for rgmii?

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

those packages contains the python files to generate the static configuration sequence in binary HEX file.
Scripts are executed in the PC (with python installed) and hex file is created.
I think clocks setting is not included in the scripts to generate respective tables, but can be added into it if needed.

BR, Petr 

0 Kudos