Regarding the schematic and pin functionality of the 'MC33PT2000' chip.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the schematic and pin functionality of the 'MC33PT2000' chip.

Jump to solution
Doublemint
Contributor II

Dear NXP engineer,

I have several inquiries regarding the operation of a specific component in my project.

1.From the MC33PT2000 datasheet, as indicated in the previous inquiry and referring to the diagram below:QQ图片20240113020130.jpg

Referring to a previous inquiry, for a 24V system, the datasheet advises setting the VCCP pin register to '1,' i.e., vccp_ext_en='1.' However, it mentions a side effect: "But for 24 V system operation, the internal VCCP linear regulator dissipates too much power."

Therefore, I am considering applying an external 7V voltage to this pin. However, the provided text does not describe the method for connecting the +7V voltage. Is the connection method I am using in Cadence (for pin 48 VCCP) correct?

QQ图片20240113020137.jpg

2.In the 'KTPT2000FRDM3CUG' file, a partial schematic of the chip is shown, but I am curious about the resistor labeled 'SH' next to the current sensing resistor.QQ图片20240113020142.jpg

The following sentence reads 'Zero ohm Cut Trace 0603 PADS; No Part to Order.' I find it challenging to understand, especially the meaning of 'cut trace.' Does this imply using a 0603 surface-mount zero-ohm resistor?

QQ图片20240113020151.png

3.Concerning the functionality of OA_1 and OA_2 pins, despite repeated readings of the datasheet, I haven't fully comprehended their purpose. My understanding is that these two current detection pins continuously monitor circuit current, perform AD conversion, and transmit data to the MCU's ADC module. Hence, during testing, retrieving data from these pins should provide detailed waveform information of the electromagnetic valve without the necessity of an oscilloscope's current probe. Is my interpretation accurate?

Your guidance and insights on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully, Doublemint

0 Kudos
1 Solution
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1: Correct in your side.

2: These are convenient for disconnect debug if necessary.

3: you can read AN5203 Page5:3.5 Analog output (OAx)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1: Correct in your side.

2: These are convenient for disconnect debug if necessary.

3: you can read AN5203 Page5:3.5 Analog output (OAx)

0 Kudos
Doublemint
Contributor II

Thanks,I get it.

0 Kudos