PN7150 NFCA Emulation - No IRQ on data receive unless data from reader is ISO wrapped

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7150 NFCA Emulation - No IRQ on data receive unless data from reader is ISO wrapped

senza
Contributor I

Hello NXP people!

I am using a PN7150 over I2C, emulating NFCA in listen mode.

If my reader sends ISO wrapped data to the emulated tag, the PN7150 sends an interrupt, and the data can be fetched over I2C.

But if the reader sends data that is not ISO wrapped, the interrupt is not raised. Is there a way to configure the PN7150 so that data can be fetched for non ISO frames are received in listen mode?

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @senza

Hope you are doing well.

Please, consider that PN7150 is Not Recommended for New Designs and our support may be limited for this reason. We recommend using the PN7160 instead. If your development is on an early stage, I would strongly recommend moving to PN7160, as it may help you to speed up your project. If you are still planning to use the device that is Not Recommended for New Designs, please keep in mind that you may face some supply issues in a future. I truly apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you.

Are you using our Development Kit for PN7150 or is it a custom board? What is the software you are using as base for your application?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

senza
Contributor I

Thanks for the response. I would consider moving to a PN7160 if it is possible to configure it to raise an interrupt in listen mode when sent data that is not ISO wrapped. Can you confirm if this can be accomplished with either the PN7150 or PN7160?

In answer to your questions, this is just a hobby project. I am using a consumer board based on the PN7150 (link) and using I2C commands to configure it. I have tag reading working (interesting that arbitrary non-ISO data in read mode to and from a NFCA tag works fine). I can also emulate a tag in listen mode, as long as the data from the reader is ISO wrapped - hence the query. Thanks again.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Is your application based on the software provided by the manufacturer of your device? Could you please kindly clarify what protocol are you using? What ISO are you referring to? I will strongly recommend wrapping your data by following the corresponding ISO standard so you can ensure a proper communication and functionality.

Also, our support scope is limited to the Evaluation Boards / Development kits from our portfolio. Since you are using a third-party product, please consider checking this inquiry with the manufacturer.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos