cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5180 card emulation (NO LIBRARY)

ASKalpa
Contributor II

Hello there,

I need to perform a card emulation task with my custom board with PN5180.

I can perform correctly reader/writer tasks, so the comunication with the tranceiver is ok.

After entering in autocoll mode, I can receive RATS from android phone running NXP TagInfo app.

I can't get how I should reply to the phone (I'm supposed to send ATS I think): do I need to switch RF ON on the PN5180? Do I need to enter in tranceiver mode to send data? 

At the moment I'm not receiving anything after RATS from phone (am I supposed to receive PPS?). 

I'm not going to use the NXP library so please don't refer to it answering this question.

Any NXP support team member could provide information about this topic? To be honest It's pretty annoying that I can't find any NXP documentation explaining the right procedure to perfom card emulation.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ASKalpa ,

I am sorry, but there is no PN5180 card emulation demo (NO LIBRARY) available. We have a PN5180 card emulation demo (WITH LIBRARY)  as shown below:

Kan_Li_0-1635150356433.png

We also provide an app note for using PN5180 without library.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12650.pdf

and the example codes for this note:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=SW6257

You may use this as a reference and perform reverse engineer on the HCE_T4T demo from the library.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ASKalpa
Contributor II

Hi Kan,

I have already implemented the entire reader procedure exploiting direct register operations (without the library) so I am supposed to have a deep knowledge about your suggestions.

What is missing here is a clear documentation explaining the procedure to act to perform card emulation. It seems very annoying to me to loose a lot of time to reverse a task that your developers have already implemented. Unless they did things randomly, the DevTeam should already have something documenting the procedure step-by-step.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ASKalpa ,

I am sorry, but no such kind of document available. The DevTeam don't do things randomly, but only HCE T4T demo based on NFC reader library for your reference.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ASKalpa
Contributor II

ASKalpa_0-1636642778995.png

At least, is someone able here to explain what bits 9-11 are supposed to do in this register?

I noticed that, for the card emulation mode, setting bit-9 to 0 or to 1 is totally different, but I'd like to know what I am supposed to do.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ASKalpa ,

Sorry for the late response as I need some time to check with the expert team. This is some confirmed typo issue and will be corrected in the next version. These bits have descriptions in the older version, as shown below:

PN5180 DS lost part.png

Sorry for the confusion that has caused.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

ASKalpa
Contributor II

Really noone from NXP is alive here?

0 Kudos