Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5180 Unable to transmit in Host Card Emulation Mode

Jump to solution
a_delgado
Contributor II

Hello,

We are developing a new project using PN5180 in Autocoll mode. In our custom firmware I can comunicate to PN5180 and configure it to be in card Emulation Mode until the reader activates the card.

After receiving the RATS command from the reader, I can transmit ATS and the IRQ_STATUS register confirm that. 

The problem is that I never receive the SELCT command wich should be the next one after sending ATS.

I can not find any documentation related with the full functionallity of Autocoll mode. 

Can you help me please?

Here I describe every step I do until I get this problem:

Captura.PNG

Thank You

0 Kudos
1 Solution
a_ivanov
Contributor II

Hi,

NXP library examples are developed to be used with NXP evaluation boards. To run HCE example on your own hardware configuration, it must have the same microcontroller and the same NFC interface. For your project with the custom hardware, you need to build your own library.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
a_ivanov
Contributor II

Hello, there is an example code from NXP, you can check the whole process of the card emulation. I didn't find any document explaining how to do that, but the source code should be enough. 

0 Kudos
ASKalpa
Contributor II

Are you referring to the NfcrdlibEx8_HCE_T4T example in the NXP library? Is it possible to work with source code of the library?

a_ivanov
Contributor II

Hello,

You can test the NXP library with the PNEV180BM evaluation board, the HCE exapmle works fine. Now, if you want to use another microcontroller architecture, you have to build your own library.

ASKalpa
Contributor II

Yeah, I know and it's probably what I have to do in the future.

But, just for now, I'd like to replicate in my architecture the card emulation example. If I run the example of the library, Am I able to see the source code/enter in debug to study step by step the card emulation procedure?

Thanks

0 Kudos
a_ivanov
Contributor II

Hi,

NXP library examples are developed to be used with NXP evaluation boards. To run HCE example on your own hardware configuration, it must have the same microcontroller and the same NFC interface. For your project with the custom hardware, you need to build your own library.

ASKalpa
Contributor II

Hello!

Yes I know, I just want to study step by step the example exploiting the PNEV5180B and then replicate it with my architecture, but I do not know if I can debug the library example. 

0 Kudos
ASKalpa
Contributor II

Hello!

I have the same problem, have you solved?

0 Kudos
ASKalpa
Contributor II

Anyone from NXP support? Is there any kind of document explaining how to perform correctly card emulation? 

0 Kudos