cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA9615DPJ broken suddenly somtimes

kanari0829
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using PCA9165DPJ buffier IC for our product to extend I2C communication from Main PCB to Sub PCB.

Sometimes, our customer reports the problem to us and we found that PCA9615DPJ on Main PCB is broken and did not output I2C data. Once replaced it to new IC, it works properly.
We are not sure why suddenly PCA916DPJ broken sometimes.
It is not electrical static environment.

PCA9615's output sticks to 0.8V at all signal line (DSCLM, DSCLP, DSDAP, DSDAM).

Does anyone face this issue and can someone help us to solve this issue?

I will attach our schema of Main PCB and Sub PCB.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kanari0829
Contributor I

Hello,

How I can read the number printed on the IC? I can not find the related information on its datasheet.

0 Kudos

kanari0829
Contributor I

Thank you. I will check one by one.

I have one question. How I can read the number printed on the IC?

I assume that it is model number and date and serial number.
For example, if the IC is following, what is the meaning of each number?
PCA9615DPZ view.JPG

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shotaro,

If the PCA9615DPJ is occasionally failing and not outputting I2C data, there are several potential reasons and troubleshooting steps I would recommend you to take.

- Check power supply and voltage levels: Ensure that the PCA9615DPJ is receiving the correct power supply voltage. Verify that the voltage levels on the I2C lines (DSCLM, DSCLP, DSDAP, DSDAM) are within the specified operating range.

- Signal integrity: Inspect the I2C lines for any signs of noise or distortion. High-frequency noise can affect the performance of the differential signals. If possible, use an oscilloscope to check the integrity of the I2C signals during normal operation and when the issue occurs.

- Grounding: Confirm that the ground connection between the main PCB and sub PCB is stable and has low impedance. Ensure that the PCA9615DPJ's ground is properly connected.

- Device handling: Ensure proper ESD protection measures are in place during handling and assembly to prevent damage to the PCA9615DPJ.

How many main PCBs do you have in total and on how many of them have you found this problem?

Do the faulty PCA9615DPJ have the same marking on top of their package?

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos