OpenIL build failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenIL build failure

SH8Lee
Contributor I

Hello! I am currently using NXP LS1021ATSN switch.

And I am trying to build the image of OpenIL 1.11.

As I followed the instructions and execute the build, the following error keeps occuring, and the build fails.

So, can you please help me with this issue?

The OS for host PC is ubuntu 18.04.

Thank, you in advance!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/mesonmain.py", line 129, in run
return options.run_func(options)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/msetup.py", line 245, in run
app.generate()
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/msetup.py", line 159, in generate
self._generate(env)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/msetup.py", line 192, in _generate
intr.run()
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreter.py", line 4165, in run
super().run()
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 412, in run
self.evaluate_codeblock(self.ast, start=1)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 436, in evaluate_codeblock
raise e
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 430, in evaluate_codeblock
self.evaluate_statement(cur)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 441, in evaluate_statement
return self.function_call(cur)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 788, in function_call
return func(node, posargs, kwargs)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 285, in wrapped
return f(*wrapped_args, **wrapped_kwargs)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 174, in wrapped
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreter.py", line 3687, in func_subdir
self.evaluate_codeblock(codeblock)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 436, in evaluate_codeblock
raise e
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 430, in evaluate_codeblock
self.evaluate_statement(cur)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 443, in evaluate_statement
return self.assignment(cur)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 1064, in assignment
value = self.evaluate_statement(node.value)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 441, in evaluate_statement
return self.function_call(cur)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 788, in function_call
return func(node, posargs, kwargs)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 285, in wrapped
[Previous line repeated 2 more times]
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 155, in wrapped
ret = f(*wrapped_args, **wrapped_kwargs)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreterbase.py", line 174, in wrapped
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreter.py", line 3234, in func_dependency
d = self.dependency_impl(name, display_name, kwargs)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/interpreter.py", line 3281, in dependency_impl
dep = dependencies.find_external_dependency(name, self.environment, kwargs)
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/dependencies/base.py", line 2236, in find_external_dependency
d = c()
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/dependencies/base.py", line 1110, in __init__
CMakeDependency.class_cmakeinfo[self.for_machine] = self._get_cmake_info()
File "/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/host/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mesonbuild/dependencies/base.py", line 1203, in _get_cmake_info
'cmake_root': temp_parser.get_cmake_var('MESON_CMAKE_ROOT')[0],
IndexError: list index out of range
package/pkg-generic.mk:254: recipe for target '/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/build/host-libglib2-2.62.4/.stamp_configured' failed
make: *** [/home/shwan2lee/openil/output/build/host-libglib2-2.62.4/.stamp_configured] Error 2

0 Kudos
5 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OpenIL release is out of date.

Is it possible for you to use Real-Time Edge Software 2.4 for LS1021ATSN?

It could be downloaded from https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/software/development-software/real-time-edge-software:REALT...

0 Kudos

SH8Lee
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply.

By the way, for the LS1021ATSN board, if I use the Real Time Edge Software, the TSN standards such as qbv, qav, etc, except for the 802.1AS can't be used according the user guide.

Am I right? Please reply me back again. Thank you!

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to the following table for LS1021ATSN support features in Software.

yipingwang_0-1719457762121.png

0 Kudos

SH8Lee
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply.

I installed the Real-time Edge Software 2.4 for an iMX8MP evk, and a LS1021ATSN switch, but there are some problems.

First, the switch doesn't have the systemd package, and I can't install it, because when I try to install it through a command "apt install systemd", it says it failed to locate the package systemd.

And without it, I can't follow the demo for time synchronization in the Real-time Edge Software user manual, because it says that a user should use the systemctl command.

Second, when I check the network interfaces through the "ifconfig" command, at first, there is no interface at all, except for the lo interface. As far as I know, the switch has 6 interfaces and 1 br0 interface. However, until I use manual command through "ifconfig ethx up", no interface exists at all, and it is very strange.

Can you help me with it? Attached are the screenshots of the terminal for my switch.

Thanks.

0 Kudos