cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTS0104 SDIO 50 Mbps

JakobZ
Contributor I

Hello,

we are implementing an SDIO interface via two NTS0104 translators (3V3 <-> 1V8) for an M.2 E-Key. This works well for data rates at about 30 Mbps, however at 50 Mbps the host device reboots.

Has anyone tested the NTS0104 at 50 Mbps which is the maximum data rate according to the datasheet? Is the NTS0104 an appropriate fit for an SDIO interface as it is push-pull but the NTS0104 is primarily targeted at open-drain buses?

In https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/nxp/brochures/75017511.pdf Figure 3-8 the NTS0104 / NTS0102 is used to connect an SD/SDIO card...

Best, Jakob

0 Kudos
4 Replies

JakobZ
Contributor I

As I can calculate from the minimum pulse width of 17 ns for the NTB0104 (VCCA = 1V8, VCCB = 3V3) the maximum frequency is about 30 MHz which is not suitable for a 50 MBps SDIO connection. Do you have another level shifter with the same pinout and package which works at higher frequencies of up to 60 MHz or even 110 MHz?

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jacob,

Unfortunately we do not have any other level translators with the same pinout and package working at higher frequencies of up to 60 MHz or even 110 MHz.

BR, Tomas

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jakob,

Would it be possible to share your schematic and observed output signals on an oscilloscope?

The NTS0104 is indeed primarily targeted at I2C or 4-wire which use open-drain drivers. You might try to use the NTB0104 which is more suitable for push-pull applications.

BR, Tomas

JakobZ
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply.

The schematic does not include anything but the level translators as well as the recommended caps. Other than that its just 1:1 connections from host to target. Unfortunately we do not have any scope shots yet.

The NTB0104 looks interesting, especially as it has the same package and pinout. Also, the datarate goes up to 60 Mbps in our configuration so we will try with that.

0 Kudos