cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG 5 Link memory readout with demo app

benedict_htl
Contributor I

Hi

I am confused about the response i get from the NTAG 5 Link (using the OM2NTP5332 development board).

I want to use the NTAG in the I²C Mastermode and therefore need to build the necessary commands. After sending two commands the response from the I2C connected slave should be written in the SRAM. So i need a third command which reads out the SRAM. To try every command i am using the app provided in the "Software" section from the web page. My college built the app in android studio and sent me the .apk so i can test it out. Since i'm not using the FRDM-KW41Z development board it was originally made for, only the "Send custom command" function and the "Set I²C Mastermode" button are useful.

I tried the button which configures the NTAG in the I²C Mastermode and checked the conf. registers with the NFC Cockpit, and it seemed to work just fine. Also tried out the command behind it manually with the "Send custom command" feature and it also worked.

But when it comes to reading out the memory i get this weird responses i do not understand. This command should give me the contents of the CONFIG block.

benedict_htl_0-1677334065132.pngI chose to read only one block afterwards

If i type that series of bytes into the custom command section this is what i get after tapping the NTAG:

benedict_htl_13-1677335254121.png

The command got replaced by some other command in the "Communication log". And the retrieved data is also gibberish to me...

Here is the communication log i get in the NFC Cockpit:

benedict_htl_14-1677335780782.png

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
0 Replies