NT3H2111 Can't write capability container

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NT3H2111 Can't write capability container

Frzn_Solid
Contributor I

I'm using an NT3H2111 IC interfacing with a nRF52840 MCU. I'm trying to talk to the NT3H2111 via I2C. I'm able to read EEPROM just fine, but am unable to set the capability container of the EEPROM. My issue is very similar to this post that was never solved. I am able to read the entirety of sector 0. Here's the logic analyzer output to prove it. I realize that it shows the slave address as 0x00, this is another issue I'm having where changing the slave address doesn't seem to carry over through power cycles. I have no idea how to set it back to the default (0x55) and make it stick. 

succ_read.png

Regarding the main issue, if I later try to write an updated CC to sector 0, I am able to get an ACK for the slave address, an ACK for the MEMA, but the first data byte is NACK'd and therefore it is not updated. I've checked the static lock bytes and everything is unlocked. I've checked the dynamic lock bytes and everything is unlocked. I've checked the configuration registers and everything is 0x00. I've checked the session registers and every byte is 0x00 except for byte 6, which is 0x04. This corresponds to How do I fix this? 

fail_write.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

Thank you very much for using our products.

Is it possible that you have changed the NTAG I2C configuration registers?

As mentioned in section 8.3.8 it is possible that the address was changed when changing CC. I believe that this issue is linked to the problem of the slave address being changed to 0x00.

Could you please also share a screenshot of the full memory from the NFC perspective using TagInfo please?

This will help us get a better understanding of the memory configuration.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos