cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC USB Dongle Firmware Upgrade

Shikamaru
Contributor I

HI team,

I wanted to know is there any way to upgrade the firmware version of NFC USB dongle. If yes please let me know.  The dongle which am using is this one https://www.mikroe.com/nfc-usb-dongle 

Regards,

Shikamaru

0 Kudos
3 Replies

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Shikamaru 

I would like to know why you need to update the firmware? Or what version are you in now? The software part of this product has not been updated for a long time. As you know, this product is not an end product of NXP. The manufacturer (Mikroe) may have made some updates, but NXP is unaware of it.

Best Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos

Shikamaru
Contributor I

Thanks @KellyLi ,

The reason to upgrade the firmware is that, wanted to do some modification in firmware like instead of detecting as HID device wanted to change it into as CDC device. And one more things , how to debug the present firmware , need to add some print statements for the sake of debug. Can you guide me here!

Thanks,

Shikamru

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Shikamaru 

Your modification requires porting the USB CDC protocol stack and modifying the corresponding application to meet your needs. At least for now, I haven't seen any updates here, but I will report your need anyway. However, PN7150 will gradually be replaced by PN7160, and the possibility of firmware update plan for PN7150 is very small. Most likely you need to do it by yourself.

Best Regards,

kelly

0 Kudos