cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash firmware and debug issue for LS1043A

toidong
Contributor I

Platform: LS1043A

I'm designing a new project with LS1043A, this is the first time we work with this platform, and I have some questions, please help to check and feedback:

1. Which interface can be used (or normally used) for flashing the firmware to LS1043A?

2. Which interface can be used for debugging?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. You could program firmware to IFC NOR flash, IFC NAND flash, SD card or QSPI flash.

2. You need to use JTAG for debugging.

0 Kudos

toidong
Contributor I

Thanks yipingwang for your helpful information,

0 Kudos

ramprakash07
Contributor III

For LS1043A platform, two interfaces are available:

1. Use QorIQ LS1043A's QuadSPI interface for flashing firmware. It supports single, dual, and quad reads/writes, and memory-mapped transactions for SPI devices.

2. For debugging, employ the JTAG interface. It is a standard for testing circuit boards and can be utilized to debug LS1043A.

Please note, you'll require a JTAG debugger and SPI flash programmer to utilize these interfaces.

Here's a code snippet using QuadSPI to flash firmware:

scssCopy code
// Initialize QuadSPI module QSPI_Init(); // Erase flash memory QSPI_Erase(); // Write firmware to flash QSPI_Write(firmware, sizeof(firmware)); // Verify firmware if (QSPI_Verify(firmware, sizeof(firmware)) != 0) { // Firmware verification failed ... }

And for using JTAG to debug the platform:

scssCopy code
// Initialize JTAG module JTAG_Init(); // Set breakpoint at main function JTAG_SetBreakpoint(main); // Start debugging session JTAG_Start();

Note: This is a concise summary of using the interfaces; actual implementation may vary based on project requirements.

0 Kudos

toidong
Contributor I

Thanks ramprakash07 for your helpful information.

0 Kudos