Generate PN5190 DPC Lookup Table with NFC Cockpit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate PN5190 DPC Lookup Table with NFC Cockpit

deniscollis
Contributor V

I'm attempting to create a DPC Lookup Table with NFC Cockpit.  My board comprises a K8x, SPI connected PN5190, and my own tuned antenna.  I have ported the board firmware (VCOM/UcBalFW v03.08.00) to my board, and can successfully control the PN5190 with the NXP NFC Cockpit V6.7, V6.8 or V7.1 Windows application. In addition I have a Dobot Magician Robot, Oscilloscope, and EMV approved PICCs. 

I am using Renke Bienert's PN5190 Dynamic Power Control Quick Calibration and TxShaping Demo to perform the DPC calibration.

With the PICC positioned at 4.0.0 (4cm, center), and VDDPA at 5.7V maximum I get a transfer power measurement of around 3.4V with a TxLDO current (ITVDD) of  251mA, which is the Target Current that I saved to the EEPROM.

Going through the procedure of 1) reducing the VDDPA in steps, 2) lowering the PICC closer to the antenna until the target power transfer of 3.4V is measured, and 3) entering the ITVDD for that VDDPA; I end up with the following:

deniscollis_0-1686614702390.png

Now, when I click [Compute and Move to LUT], only the first 2 entries are populated:

deniscollis_1-1686614850992.png

The demo video instructs me to interpolate the 'in-between' values in the current reduction table, but the data is too sparse to do so.  Not even the corresponding VDDPA entries (5.5, 5.1, 4.1, 3.1, 2.1, 1.7 and 1.5) are populated.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks,

Denis 

0 Kudos
0 Replies