Failed i2c memory read NTAG 5 Link

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed i2c memory read NTAG 5 Link

esromerom
Contributor II

I am having troubles reading user memory and config regs from a NTAG 5 Link device (NTP5332) through i2c interface.

I am writing a general driver to handle the i2c writing/reading in memory in C. After several tests reading and writing it stopped working. Since then I only get 0xFF as value for the whole User memory blocks and also for the config sector. 

It does communicate, I can read the session registers and check the status for instance, and it seems to be correct.

Moreover, apparently it writes in the user memory blocks but I can not be certain the bocks were overwritten. According the datasheet, it could be like I am no longer allowed to read the EEPROM, most likely some restriction were configured though I was working with the default set up.

I wonder if **bleep** is possible to reset some how everything or re configure something else to come back to normal behavior.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

叮当
Contributor I

Can I ask if you've resolved the issue you encountered? It seems like I'm facing a similar situation.

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes. If the current detection is enabled and there is not enough field strength available
to enable VOUT, EEPROM access is disabled. NTAG 5 is then answering ONLY to
INVENTORY command and READ/WRITE CONFIGURATION to access session
registers on NFC interface.

NTAG 5 includes a power check block, which offers a current detection mechanism and
can be enabled or disabled through DISABLE_POWER_CHECK. Current detection
mechanism will be operating (if enabled) ONLY when RF field is available. The current
detection mechanism compares harvested current with a reference value and enables
the output Vout only, when the harvested current is higher than the reference value.

Have a  nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

esromerom
Contributor II

@fangfang I think this is not the case. Actually I am not using the NFC interface at all.

Nevertheless it is good to know it.

Thank you have a nice weekend.

0 Kudos