cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors of PNEV5190BP RF and SPI

pathbreaker
Contributor II

Hi

I am Suix.I encountered a problem when I used the example NfcrdlibEx4_MIFAREClassic from NFC-READER-LIBRARY. It was found that for a very short period of time after each PNEV5190BP reset, the board can work normally, such as the following:

phalMfc_Authenticate()

phalMfc_Write()

phalMfc_Read()

But after a short period of time (such as 10 seconds), these functions will get stuck in themselves.

For example, this is stuck in phalMfc_Authenticate.

pathbreaker_1-1695265129096.png

I tracked the sequence of program execution, and they all used the underlying SPI interface. I suspect that turning on RF has affected the normal activity of SPI. So, I burned the BootLoader firmware  and tested it by NFC Cockpit.

pathbreaker_2-1695265444466.png

Before opening the RF, I had no problems reading and writing EEPROM.

pathbreaker_3-1695265703416.png

Once I opened the RF and performed any reading and writing operations, it would display an error.

pathbreaker_4-1695265741291.png

pathbreaker_5-1695265817314.png

This confirms my hypothesis of RF and SPI. May I ask how I can solve this problem?

Additional note: I have tried secure firmware for 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7, but the issue cannot be resolved.

Regards,

Suix

Labels (1)
  • RF

0 Kudos
4 Replies

BenoitP
Contributor I

Hi Pathbreaker,

Have you been able to resolve your issue ?

As you, we are experiencing a similar issue but we work on a lot more devices. Not all of them display the issue but is is definitely stucking us in our project.

Regards,

Benoit.

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @pathbreaker 

Do you have MIFARE Classic card which is designed by NXP? It's recommended you could use the NXP sample card to try again.

BR

kelly

0 Kudos

pathbreaker
Contributor II
Hallo Kelly
Yes, I used MF1S70 and tried it again. As I mentioned above, for a period of time after resetting, it is possible to read and write to the card, but then there is a problem of stuck memory.
0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @pathbreaker 

Yes, I've done the same test as you, but everything is working, see the below. So, your MIFARE Classic Card should have some problems, please check it.

KellyLi_0-1696933475919.png

BR

kelly

0 Kudos