Compilation Issue while configuring Data Collection Manager(DCM) for board LS1021

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation Issue while configuring Data Collection Manager(DCM) for board LS1021

nikhilkumar
Contributor I

Hi, 

I am trying to enable the configuration to include the DCM driver in the kernel and compile image for the board LS1021, but i am getting the compilation error as :

"| drivers/misc/fsl_dcm.c: In function 'write_sram':

| drivers/misc/fsl_dcm.c:83:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'out_8' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

|   out_8(dcm->addr, offset);

|   ^

| drivers/misc/fsl_dcm.c: In function 'read_sram':

| drivers/misc/fsl_dcm.c:94:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'in_8' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

|   return in_8(dcm->data);

|   ^".

Please provide inputs how to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Implicit declaration means the compiler detected this function usage in your code, but the function is not declared yet.

This is not a mistake, if the function is declared later. If this function is never declared, there should be an error reported.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos