Any updates on OCamCalib tool in i.MX Surround View System?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any updates on OCamCalib tool in i.MX Surround View System?

Contributor II

My company is using i.MX Surround View System on QNX system, which calibrates cameras by the OCamCalib tools based on Scaramuzza's idea. I saw on the internet that Urban has improved this algorithm (https://github.com/urbste/ImprovedOcamCalib). Because I always see misplacement and ghosts near the overlap regions in the demo using local video files and the app fed on cameras calibrated myself. I think maybe I need more precise calibration. I wonder if there's any update of the OCamCalib tool or a way to apply Urban's algorithm. (The tool within the system only contains a executable file and the autoCornerFinder folder given by Scaramuzza. And I myself am not familiar with Matlab.) 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello 3412,

There is no available Update for the OCamCalib since it works, you should try to contact the developers of Ocamcalib if they now about this function and they will update the tool.

Regards

0 Kudos

Contributor II

Hi, Bio_TICFSL.

Is this malposition in the demo application using local video files normal?

Because I am not sure this is due to my calibration or I should modify the source code logic for generating the result 3d rendering view. The obvious malposition and ghosts are happening to the objects near the overlap seams region especially when one moves them far away from the center of the view or raises them higher.

0 Kudos