use code warrior 5.1,Under the simulation button, apper very slow!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use code warrior 5.1,Under the simulation button, apper very slow!

Jump to solution
devilhandevilha
Contributor I

use code warrior 5.1,Under the simulation button, click on the Windows 7 64 - bit systems need to wait about 5 s time will appear HCS12 CONFIGURATION interface, under XP 32 bit, have to wait 30 seconds,There is always a "Unable to save USBDM Settings",thank you!

BDM.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi DevilHan,

The delay in starting the debugger may have nothing to do with USBDM.

For example I have found Codewarrior very slow when it is trying to (incorrectly) check license settings on an inaccessible network.

Could you try another interface e.g. Multilink and see how long the debugger takes to launch and the Multilink dialogue to appear.

You do not actually need a Multilink interface to try this.

On my windows 7-64bit machine the USBDM dialogue appears almost immediately - It may be delayed looking for BDMs but only for a couple of seconds.

Failure to save settings indicates it can't write to the USBDM configuration directory. Check the permissions on %APPDATA%\usbdm and delete any usbdm_HC12.cfg file present.

Let me know if this helps.

Also - What hardware are you using?

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi DevilHan,

The delay in starting the debugger may have nothing to do with USBDM.

For example I have found Codewarrior very slow when it is trying to (incorrectly) check license settings on an inaccessible network.

Could you try another interface e.g. Multilink and see how long the debugger takes to launch and the Multilink dialogue to appear.

You do not actually need a Multilink interface to try this.

On my windows 7-64bit machine the USBDM dialogue appears almost immediately - It may be delayed looking for BDMs but only for a couple of seconds.

Failure to save settings indicates it can't write to the USBDM configuration directory. Check the permissions on %APPDATA%\usbdm and delete any usbdm_HC12.cfg file present.

Let me know if this helps.

Also - What hardware are you using?

bye

0 Kudos
devilhandevilha
Contributor I

HI  manito pgo:

First of all thank you for doing such a good thing for our technicians to use around the world.

My computer hardware for the Intel I5 quad-core processors and 8 gb of memory.

Single chip microcomputer hardware Mc9s12xs128 made for himself

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi DeviHan,

1. in debugger menu "component", "set connection". choose "HC12" and "Full chip simulation".

2. then in debugger menu "HCS12X FCS", "set derivative". seclect the right chip you need work with.

3. then in debugger menu "file", "save configuration"

relaunch debugger. see how it works.

if problem still exists, please restart your computer and reinstall your CW to another disk.. for example : disk D

make sure you have admin right when install and use it

================================

this answer is for you, if it does help, please click on "correct answer" button. thanks!

Best Regards,

ZhangJun

devilhandevilha
Contributor I

Hi  Zhangjennie:

You may have misunderstood,I am using hardware Debug, using usbbdm, not a software simulation,Regardless of the error. 

Would you please tell me why, add in the debug interface, add in usbbdm special slow?

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi DeviHan.

if you are using hardware, is the interface BDM Multilink or sone else?

anyway, the method is the same, in step 1:

in debugger menu "component", "set connection". choose "HC12" and the exact connection interface.

Other steps are the same.

Best Regards,

ZhangJun

0 Kudos
devilhandevilha
Contributor I

I downloaded the simulation of the single chip processor as the MC9S12XS128

0 Kudos
devilhandevilha
Contributor I

ADD,When a true - time simulater & real - time debugger opens, click on the "DEBUG" button again, will result in suspended animation program, simulation DEBUG interface must be closed properly。

dear,PGO,thank youfor answer!

0 Kudos