cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What USBDM Compatibility means

rafael_freedom
Contributor I

I think this post is mainly for pgo,

What the USBDM Compatibility dll means, it's supposed to be compatible with tblcf, osbdm, tbdml and older versions of USBDM?

I'm trying to unify the code for all the pods in the bdm tools project [1], and i would like to be sure that i'm doing the proper transformations/unifications, because i don't have all the hw (only the USBDM JM60 version of flashgenie.net)

Regards,

[1] http://bdm.sourceforge.net

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear rafael,

USBDM is intended to be compatible with various version of the Codewarrior software.  To do this for the older (Pre-eclipse) versions it provides "compatible" DLLs that make USBDM look like earlier BDMs.

In summary:

tblcf.dll - DLL to make USBDM look like TBLCF - Coldfire V2-4

OpenSourceBDM.dll - DLL to make USBDM look like OSBDM (JB16 version) - HCS08, CFV1, RS08 (broken)

tbdml.dll - DLL to make USBDM loook like TBDML - HCS12

The 'real' DLL is usbdm.dll which is used by the GDI files for Eclipse version.  It is a single unified interface for all targets.

Finally - I suggest you leave this until Version 4 is released as it has support for Linux and also has various changes that will need to be incorporated anyway.

Alternatively, depending upon how the current support for TBLCF works you could use the TBLCF.dll compatibility DLL but that would not support Coldfire V1.

At the moment (V3.2) there is a lot of windows-specific stuff in the DLLs.  This will change in V4 so is another reason for delaying.

bye

0 Kudos

rafael_freedom
Contributor I

Hi pgo,

Thank you very much for the explanation and updates, i'm happy to see that you are incorporating support to Linux.

It's there any way to help you? I Would like to give you a hand with the Version 4 that you are preparing. I could help in the software side, and checking the Coldfire v1 devices. Are you planning to add support to gdbserver to easilly use OpenSource tools?

My main motivation to get the USBDM working on the bdm project is to have gdb support and get a complete OpenSource BDM utilities.

Regards,

0 Kudos