cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new problem on using OpenSourceBDM

lemonmeng
Contributor I
Hi,
 Several days ago, CrasyCat offers a new License.dat of "CW5.0 for 08 SE", then OpenSourceBDM can write FLASH of target MCU. Thanks a lot for CrazyCat.:smileyvery-happy:

Now, I happened a new problem on using OSBDM. My procedure is below:
 1. Connect a MCU which has a blank FLASH to OSBDM; Run Hiwave 5.0 for 08;
 2. "set gdi", then Hiwave can read target's FLASH, obviously, it's blank. And I can reset target too.
 3. "Load...", I download  a *.s19 file to target FLASH, it's OK! Then in Memory Window of Hiwave, we can read bytes in target FLASH. And, the target MCU can run correctly!
 4. When I connect the above target MCU to OSBDM again, some error happened. I can't erase target MCU's FLASH, FLASH operation error message is "flash module is bad or protected.":smileysad:
 5. Then I unsecure the target FLASH follow the "ReadMe_unsecure.txt" file. After several seconds, "Command Windows" show that "done,...". Maybe, the target have been unsecured. But, in fact, the "4. " error happened again...

So, is anyone can solve the problem? If my procedure is fault?
 Thanks!:smileywink:

Message Edited by lemonmeng on 04-15-200603:41 AM

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

B51
Contributor I
Oh!
I have the same problem now!
The message in the commond windows is……
FP: The UNPROTECT command is not available for the FLASH flash module => Skipped.
Vppon command file does not exist.
Vppoff command file does not exist.
FP: Arm FLASH for loading.
Vppon command file does not exist.
FP: FLASH flash module is bad or protected.
Vppoff command file does not exist.
FP: FLASH disarmed.
Reset command file does not exist.
Postload command file does not exist.
BDC BKP SET  8092
WriteControl value ffffffe8
STARTED
RUNNING
Target Speed Change Detected - New Speed 15.84 MHz
Target Speed Change Detected - New Speed 15.67 MHz
TARGET SELF-RESET DETECTED
TARGET SELF-RESET DETECTED

why?
0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Lemonmeng,

Sometimes the OSBDM seems to get out of whack or confused.

It then reads everthing as 0x00 and presumes it is secured.

I have found the command "Reset to Normal Mode" under the Open Souce BDM menu seems to get things going again.

I have tried using P&E software and a USB Multilink to secure the device then access the device with the OSBDM, it connects and shows 00's in the memory window and you get the error you find. Now running the unsecure cmd file will unsecure it. If its just gone screwy trying to unsecure it won't help.

Now I need to find a way to programme the security and the NV trim registers after I have flashed the device. I have tried modifying the unsecure cmd file but so far without success.

BR Peg

0 Kudos

peg
Senior Contributor IV

OK I figured it out now, forgot you can only prog a FLASH 1 to 0. duh!

BR Peg

0 Kudos