Upgrading MCUXpresso results in a larger compiled code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading MCUXpresso results in a larger compiled code

vithalkamat
Contributor I

I have just upgraded my MCUXpresso IDE from 10.2.1 Build 795 to the latest 11.2.0 Build 4120.

However, I have noticed that the LPC802 project that I am recompiling with the new IDE results in a larger code size.With the older IDE version, the hex code size was 0x2300 while with the new IDE it has increased to 0x23a0.

The MCU C Compiler Optimization is the same, namely, None (-O0).

I have tried with the latest version of the IDE both on an Ubuntu as well on a Windows OS. Both consistently compile and output hex code of size  0x23a0. 

On close comparison of the two disassembly codes, I observe that the new compiler with IDE 11.2.0, is inserting extra nop instructions 46 c0 ( 2 bytes) at certain addresses in the code. So also the size of __vfprintf  and other such libraries are also different. 

Would it be possible to ensure that the libraries that each of the IDE uses is the same so that we can have consistent code size? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vithal Kamat,

"Would it be possible to ensure that the libraries that each of the IDE uses is the same"

Sorry , it seems no, IDE development team choose new LIB as a whole consideration.

0 Kudos