STM32L4 having BTstack integrated specific to nxp chipset is having transport layer issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4 having BTstack integrated specific to nxp chipset is having transport layer issues

Vidhi_V
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using the STM32L4 series of controllers which has the BTstack integrated from the BlueKichen. This controller is used to communicate with the CMP530 BLE chip which is running on a specific firmware suggested by its chip vendor (CEL). Both the chips are communicating over the UART. 

When I execute the code in STM with the logs enabled, I can see the below operations performing.

Enabled BLE power
Init the memory of bt stack
BTStack Run loop complete
HCI dump init done
HCI init done
HCI set chipset as NXP
Inside BT stack main
Event Callback named 'package handler' registered
Added event handler
hci_power_control: 1, current mode 0
state - HCI_STATE_OFF
Creating internal event
BTSTACK_EVENT_STATE 1
[00:00:00.787] EVT <= 60 01 01
Packet handler state = 0
Inside INIT
get state = 01
HCI packet state = HCI_STATE_INITIALIZING
hci_initializing_run: substate 0, can send 1
[00:00:00.806] CMD => 03 0C 00
Powered up the HCI
hci_transport_h4: invalid packet type 0x00
Resend HCI Reset
hci_initializing_run: substate 0, can send 0
hci_can_send_command_packet_now failed

From the above logs, it seems like the Transport layer of HCI is not successfully up due to which any packets being sent further are showing the error as above.

As a part of the initial debugging check, I have verified the UART configuration for STM32 on which both chips will communicate. The baud rate is set to 115200 for HCI communication over the UART.

Can anyone please help us to understand what can be the possible reasons behind this? 

Thanks,

Vidhi V.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies