Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55xx with external USB Hub controller

iztet
Contributor I
Hi!

I have a question about LPC552x series.
I have read about Errata problems (Rev. 1.3) USB.1 and USB.2
I need to be sure that when connecting two USB HS devices (MSD class) to the USB1 HS Host controller via external USB Hub, there will be no problems? Can you recommend an HSB HS Hub controller?
Sincerely, Igor.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

iztet
Contributor I

Hi!

Connected an external USB HUB to lpcxpresso55s28. I am trying to connect an MSD device via USB HUB as part of the example "lpcxpresso55s28\...\usb_host_msd_fatfs\bm".
The HUB is recognized, but the device connected to IT is not recognized. I understand that you need to perform additional configuration of the HUB, but I do not find any examples of working with the HUB... Please tell me more information or an example of using "usb_host_hub" and "usb_host_hub_app". How do I configure the external HUB ports to notify me when peripherals are connected?

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Igor,

The USB stack does support USB Hub. Unfortunately, we don't have any document or example project that demonstrates how to do this. I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Igor,

My apologies for the answer you back so late.

As in the Errata is mentioned, the LPC55 does works without any troubles with one Hub, but when multiple Hubs are connected, the board starts working inconsistently. In the Errata is mentioned a workaround for this issue. Have you tried it?

Have a great day,
Fabian

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

iztet
Contributor I
Hi!
I only recently received the device and am currently studying it...
I can't research the SDK example "*\boards\lpcxpresso55s28\usb_examples\usb_host_msd_fatfs" with an EHCI controller. Please help me, how can I build this?
Adding the entire USB Stack from Middleware to the example. When enabling #define USB_HOST_CONFIG_EHCI = 1 in " usb_host_config.h " I get errors from missing type definitions, for example:
.. / usb/host/usb_host_ehci.h:299:5: error: unknown type name 'USBHS_Type'
.. / usb/host/usb_host_ehci.c:154:31: error: unknown type name 'USBHS_Type'; did you mean 'USBHSH_Type'?
Where can I find definitions for missing types?
Sincerely, Igor.
0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Igor,

I believe you want to use USB1 correct? To use USB1 you need to set USB_HOST_CONFIG_IP3516HS. USB_HOST_CONFIG_EHCI is not supported.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos