Enterprise Storage server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description

NXP’s enterprise storage server solution is focused on our new I²C Fast-mode Plus (Fm+) devices which go from zero to 1 MHz so you can go to the next design level with higher data rates and up to 540 pF bus loading. In computing, telecom and networking systems architecture the trend is for greater use of I²C-bus as a maintenance and control bus, so more bandwidth and more devices on the bus are required.

Block Diagram

BlockDiagram-Entreprise_Storage_Server-PNG[1].png

Products

Category Name 1:

Microprocessor

Product URL 1

QorIQ® Layerscape 1043A | NXP 

Product Description 1

The QorIQ® LS1043A processor is NXP's first quad-core, 64-bit Arm®-based processor for embedded networking, it delivers greater than 10 Gbps of performance in a flexible I/O package supporting fanless designs. The new 0.9V LS1043A delivers additional power savings for applications such as Wireless LAN and to Power over Ethernet systems.

Category Name 2:

I²C-bus Level Translator

Product URL 1

PCA9509P | NXP 

Product Description 1

The PCA9509P is a level translating I²C-bus/SMBus repeater with two voltage supplies that enable processor low voltage 2-wire serial bus to interface with standard I²C-bus or SMBus I/O. While retaining all the operating modes and features of the I²C-bus system during the level shifts, it also permits extension of the I²C-bus by providing bidirectional buffering for both lines.

Product URL 2

PCA9617A | NXP 

Product Description 2

The PCA9617A is an IC that provides level shifting between low voltage (0.8 V to 5.5 V) and higher voltage (2.2 V to 5.5 V) Fast-mode Plus (Fm+) I²C-bus or SMBus applications. The static offset design of the port B PCA9617A I/O drivers prevents them from being connected to the static or incremented offset of other bus buffers.

Product URL 3

PCA9306 | NXP 

Product Description 3

The PCA9306 is a dual bidirectional I²C-bus and SMBus voltage-level translator with an enable (EN) input, and is operational from 1.0 V to 3.6 V and 1.8 V to 5.5 V. The PCA9306 features a 2-bit bidirectional translator for SDA and SCL lines in mixed-mode I²C-bus applications and also provides bidirectional voltage translation with no direction pin.

Category Name 4:

PCIe Switch

Product URL 1

CBTL04083A; CBTL04083B | NXP 

Product Description 1

The  CBTL04083A/B has minimized the impedance of the switch such that the attenuation observed through the switch is negligible, and also minimized the channel-to-channel skew as well as channel-to-channel crosstalk, as required by the high-speed serial interface.

Category Name 5:

GTL Level Translator

Product URL 1

4-bit LVTTL to GTL transceiver | NXP 

Product Description 1

The GTL2014 is a 4-bit translating transceiver designed for 3.3 V LVTTL system interface with a GTL-/GTL/GTL+ bus, where GTL-/GTL/GTL+ refers to the reference voltage of the GTL bus and the input/output voltage thresholds associated with it.

Category Name 6:

Memory Switch

Product URL 1

CBTW28DD14 | NXP 

Product Description 1

The CBTW28DD14 is a 14-bit bus switch/multiplexer (MUX) is designed for 1.5 V or 1.8 V supply voltage operation designed for operation in DDR2, DDR3 or DDR4 memory bus systems. The CBTW28DD14 uses NXP proprietary high-speed switch architecture providing high bandwidth, very little insertion loss at low frequency, and very low propagation delay, allowing use in many applications requiring switching or multiplexing of high-speed signals.

Category Name 7:

I2C Mux

Product URL 1

PCA9846 | NXP 

Product Description 1

The PCA9846 is an ultra-low voltage, quad bidirectional translating switch controlled via the I²C-bus. The SCL/SDA upstream pair fans out to four downstream pairs, or channels. Any or all SCx/SDx channels can be selected, determined by the programmable control register.

Category Name 8:

Load Switch

Product URL 1

Logic controlled high-side power switch | NXP 

Product Description 1

The NX5P2924 is a high-side load switch that features a low ON resistance N-channel MOSFET with a controlled slew rate that supports 2.5 A of continuous current.

Category Name 9:

I2C Expander

Product URL 1

PCAL6416A | NXP 

Product Description 1

The PCAL6416A is a 16-bit general-purpose I/O expander that provides remote I/O expansion for most microcontroller families via the I2C-bus interface. The PCAL6416A has built-in level shifting feature that makes these devices extremely flexible in mixed-signal environments where communication between incompatible I/O voltages is required.

Category Name 10:

Dip switch

Product URL 1

PCA8550 | NXP 

Product Description 1

The primary function of the 4-bit 2-to-1 I²C multiplexer is to select either a 4-bit input or data from a non-volatile register and drive this value onto the output pins.

Category Name 11:

LED Dimmer

Product URL 1

PCA9532 | NXP 

Product Description 1

The PCA9532 is a 16-bit I²C-bus and SMBus I/O expander optimized for dimming LEDs in 256 discrete steps for Red/Green/Blue (RGB) color mixing and backlight applications.

Category Name 12:

VGA Switch

Product URL 1

Low power DisplayPort to VGA adapter with integrated 1 : 2 VGA switch | NXP 

Product Description 1

PTN3355 is a DisplayPort to VGA adapter with an integrated 1: 2 VGA switch optimized primarily for motherboard applications, it also integrates a DisplayPort receiver. The PTN3355 supports I²C-bus over AUX per DisplayPort standard and bridges the VESA DDC channel to the DisplayPort Interface.

Category Name 13:

LDC Driver

Product URL 1

32 x 4 automotive LCD driver for low multiplex rates | NXP 

Product Description 1

The PCA85162 is a peripheral device which interfaces to almost any Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) with low multiplex rates. It generates the drive signals for any static or multiplexed LCD containing up to four backplanes and up to 32 segments.

Category Name 14:

UART

Product URL 1

SC16IS740/750/760 | NXP 

Product Description 1

The SC16IS740/750/760 is a slave I²C-bus/SPI interface to a single-channel high-performance UART. It offers data rates up to 5 Mbit/s and guarantees low operating and sleeping current.

Category Name 15:

USB 3.0 Pre-Driver

Product URL 1

SuperSpeed USB 3.0 redriver | NXP 

Product Description 1

PTN36001 is a dual-channel USB 3.0 Pre-Driver that supports data signaling rate of 5 Gbit/s through each channel. The data flow of one channel is facing the USB host, and another channel is facing the USB peripheral or device.

Related Documentation

Document URL

Title

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=AN5226 

AN5226, Common Board Design for LS1046A, LS1043A and LS1088A Processors

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5125.pdf

AN5125, Introduction to Device Trees

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=AN4311

SerDes Reference Clock Interfacing and HSSI Measurements Recommendations

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=AN5097 

Hardware and Layout Design Considerations for DDR4 SDRAM Memory Interfaces

Tools

Tools URL
QorIQ® LS1043A Development Board | NXP 

Training

Training URL

NET-N1886 Tips for Silicon Bring-Up of QorIQ LS1043A Processor 

APF-DES-T1853 - QorIQ LS1043A Application Solution Kit (IoT, NAS, RGW) 

LS1012A, LS1043A and LS1046A Design Cycle using N… 

APF-DES-T1853 - QorIQ LS1043A Application Solution Kit (IoT, NAS, RGW) 

Related Demos from Communities

Related Demos URL

QorIQ Processing Platforms 

Layerscape 

IoT Solutions Platform based on LS1043 

Labels (2)
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎10-20-2020 09:14 AM
Updated by: