cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading and writing NFC messages as tag

ilanseeder
Contributor II

Hello,

I have an LPC11U68 board with a BlueBoard PNEV512B antenna.

I need it to send and receive messages as an RFID tag.

The typical usecase is:

1. the antenna alerts me of an incomming message

2. I send a response. the response is sent exactly as I ordered - tyhe MCU nor the antenna add any additional data, such as CRC's and the likes, but simply translates the data to RFID bits.

A big plus would be that the identification process is not done automatically, but I receive each message and respond to it myself.

Can this setup I have, or a different NXP product offer me this functionality?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello IIan Seeder,

The use cases you mentioned should be possible with the PN512.

All data is transferred via the FIFO buffer, so you can send any data you want to an external NFC device. The CRC for transmitted packets can be disabled with the TxCRCEn bit from the TxModeReg register. Also the anticollision is implemented by software.

I strongly recommend you to download the NFC Reader library with examples for the PNEV512B board supporting the LPC11U68. The library is available from the "Downloads" tab in the PNEV512B board product page:

PN512 reader board|NXP

I hope this helps!

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ilanseeder
Contributor II

Thank you, Jorge!

Another question - is it possible to use it to send an array of bits? no start bit, no parity bits - just bits?

That is, if I want to send 0xffff,

it sends:

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

rather than:

<1 starter bit> 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 <0 parity bit> <8 CRC bits>

I know now I can disable the CRC, but how about the starter bit and the parity bits?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi IIan,

Unfortunately no, that is not possible. The data sent must include a Start of Frame, Parity bit and End of Frame, otherwise it would not be compliant with ISO-14443 standard. Moreover those bits are used for synchronization, so not sure how you would want to send "raw" bits.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez